Accordance and Logos/Mac

Rod Decker

• 1 month later...

Agree: program definitely not a threat. I did purchase the pre-release program since I had fond memories of the early-90s version of logos for Windows 3.1 The old logos opened with the Bible as central, and you could do basic searches. Since I still had some of my old Logos disks, I had hopes that I could use them once again. I was sadly disappointed, and fortunately, they were willing to refund my money. I don't have any training in the Biblical languages. Right now, I can't see that a Mac-user would want Logos for Mac, even if you had some old discs.

Jonna from Michigan

• 5 months later...

I am a long time user of Logos on the PC. For the last few years I also have used Accordance on my MAC.

With Boot Camp, I still have my Logos and BibleWorks!

I was excited about the Logos for Mac. I used the alpha and beta versions and then received the final product.

After months of use and still encountering bugs even after 1.1, I removed it to save the disk space.

Actually, I am not double-minded, I am triple minded (Accordance, Logos, BW). So I feel like I can render

a more informed and less biased opinion.

Conclusion. Logos has a long way to go with their Mac version. Logos is amassing huge libraries, but if you

are looking for basic functionality, a more intuitive interface, and more than adequate resources, stay with

Accordance on your Mac. Don't buy a Mac so you can have Logos. Use the best Mac program available by far -

Accordance.

Now if you want me to talk about the Windows based programs . . .

DrV

Archived