trouble installing 9.5.7

zullom

I have been trying in vain to install 9.5.7 on a new computer. I can download the 9.5.7 file from accordance without a problem, and I open it and enter my password without issue, but then the quick installation flashes for only a second and disappears. I have tried to click on the "continue" button when it is visable for that second, but it doesn't do anything. I don't get any error message though.

The weird thing is that I can download and install the demo of 9.5.2 without a problem, and the older 8.4.7 installs fine for me (although I only have an unlock code for version 9).

Is there any way that I can install 9.5.7 differently or download a previous full version and then update to 9.5.7?

The VISE installers are causing a problem for some people especially on Lion. It is worth trying several times. I will email you a link for an earlier installer, but you will probably have a similar problem. One way around it can be to install as a different user (but be sure to choose to install for multiple users).

Our next update should dispense with the VISE installer, but I hate for you to have to wait a few weeks.

Thank you Helen. The other installer worked the second time around, and then I was able to update to 9.5.7. You are a blessing.

Archived