German tools e.g. Study bibles and Commentaries

Mehrwert

Hello,

I would really appreciate to get the following resources available for accordance:

-"Begegnung fürs Leben" Study Bible

-"Scofield Studienbibel" Study Bible

-"Edition C Bibelkommentar (Gerhard Maier)" commentary Series

-"Wuppertaler Studienbibel"

-"Walvoord Bibel Kommentar"

-"Evangelischer und Katholischer Kommentar (EKK)"

Thanks Ruben

• Like 2

Stuttgarter Erklärungsbibel mit Apokryphen from the GBS

Elberfelder 2008 mit Anmerkungen
Ryrie Studienbel german
Neues Leben Übersetzung (New Living Translation in german) if possible with the study tool. From the GBS.
Elberfelder CSV Hückeswagen (a new Version from 2009 from the Elberfelder 1905 with Stong’s and Morphology)
Übersetzung von Fridoling Stier
Hamp/Stenzel/Kürzinger Übersetzung
NeÜ Neue evangelistische Übertragung
Genfer Studienbibel
Mülheimer Übersetzung
Münchner Neues Testament mit Strong’s
Jörg Zink
Hans Bruns mit Anmerkungen
Hoffnung für Alle (HfA) mit Anmerkungen
Schlachter 1951 with Strong’s
Elberfelder 1905 with Strong’s
Elberfelder 1871 with Strong’s
Luther 1912 with Strong’s
Tools
Crossreference from the Schlachter 2000 (over 100’000) Genfer Bibelgesellschaft
Bibel Griechisch
Lexika
Lexikon zur Bibel from the GBS
Stamps Studienbibel Anmerkungen (Firebible study Notes in german)
Neuer sprachlicher Schlüssel zum Neuen Testament Hans von Siebenthal
Commentaries
Edition C
Wupperthaler Studienbibel
Wahlfoord
Englisch
WEB with Strong’s
Lexham English Bible with Strong’s
Louw-Nida tagged texts
Greek
SBLGNT with Apparatus
And a lot more :)
  • Like 2

I would also add my vote for any German language text with Strong's.

Regardless, though, I'd love to see the Neues Leben Bibel in Accordance.

• Like 2

Hebrew and Greek Lexicons: Gesenius 18th edition, Aland/Bauer (German version of BDAG)!

Practically every German speaking student of the original languages would be interested in those, because they are the standard works (besides other important ones).

• Like 1

E-mail from 12. May 2014 to me.

Da wir erst in jüngster Zeit das Wörterbuch überhaupt digitalisiert haben, sind wir zur Zeit in der Tat im Gespräch mit Accordance sowie anderen Softwareanbietern. Ich kann Ihnen aber leider nicht sagen, wie schnell es zu einer Vereinbarung kommt, ein Interesse der Anbieter einmal vorausgesetzt.

Vielen Dank für Ihren Hinweis und mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Ihr Albrecht Döhnert.

Dr. Albrecht Döhnert
Editorial Director

Theologie - Judaistik - Religionswissenschaft
Theology - Jewish Studies - Religious Studies

DE GRUYTER

Genthiner Str. 13

10785 Berlin, Germany

T +49 (0)30.260 05-195

F +49 (0)30.260 05-330

albrecht.doehnert@degruyter.com

www.degruyter.com

Verlag Walter de Gruyter GmbH. Genthiner Str. 13. 10785 Berlin.

Sitz Berlin. Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 143490 B. Rechtsform: GmbH.

Geschäftsführer: Dr. Sven Fund (Vorsitzender), Dr. Anke Beck, Carsten Buhr

Beiratsvorsitzender: Rüdiger Gebauer

I will ask them if there are news.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 2

Da wir erst in jüngster Zeit das Wörterbuch überhaupt digitalisiert haben, sind wir zur Zeit in der Tat im Gespräch mit Accordance sowie anderen Softwareanbietern. Ich kann Ihnen aber leider nicht sagen, wie schnell es zu einer Vereinbarung kommt, ein Interesse der Anbieter einmal vorausgesetzt.

Nice!

• Like 1

+1 for more German tools!

To be honest, I got one particular German tool in mind here that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread: while it's strictly not a Bible tool per se, I hope that they'll make Wolfram von Soden's Akkadisches Handwörterbuch band I-III available in Accordance someday. It's the dictionary for Akkadian - it easily surpasses the Chicago Assyrian Dictionary in my opinion. (That being said, I'd be happy if the CAD became available in Accordance as well.)

• Like 1

And the Karl Ernst Georges Lateinisch-Deutsch / Deutsch-Lateinisch

Or better "Der Neue Georges" = Revised version

Grüsse

Fabian

Edited by Fabian
  • Like 1

I dunno believe there will be any needful german tools anytime soon. For the most of them its hard to even get an etext.. and then there is a lot to do to prepare the texts... another bible software company did employ a german for these tools but all they came up to until today is very very old mostly uninteresting books (most of them under free license - so you could download them by yourself and have it as searchable pdf)..

- Ich glaube aber wenn mehr Personen des öfteren bei den Verlagen per Mail/Telefon etc. Interesse an elektronischen Texten äussern würden, evtl. Bewegung in die Geschichte kommen würde.. Leider ist es so das große und wichtige Theologische Standardwerke NUR als gedruckte Version vorgesehen waren.. Meiner Erfahrung nach haben besonders deutsche Verlage wenig Interesse am elektronischen Markt - in Bezug der Spezialliteratur wie eben die Theologie. Daher bin ich sehr Dankbar für den Ist-Zustand der Studienbibel 2... das war schon ein gewaltiger unerwarteter Schritt. Und wie gesagt sehe ich derzeit noch nicht, dass wir viel mehr erhoffen können... spart auch Geld ;-)

Edited by JayDee

+1 for more German tools!

To be honest, I got one particular German tool in mind here that hasn't been mentioned yet in this thread: while it's strictly not a Bible tool per se, I hope that they'll make Wolfram von Soden's Akkadisches Handwörterbuch band I-III available in Accordance someday. It's the dictionary for Akkadian - it easily surpasses the Chicago Assyrian Dictionary in my opinion. (That being said, I'd be happy if the CAD became available in Accordance as well.)

Hi,

Are you aware that the entire CAD is available free at

http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/publications/assyrian-dictionary-oriental-institute-university-chicago-cad

?

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

Hi,

Are you aware that the entire CAD is available free at

http://oi.uchicago.edu/research/publications/assyrian-dictionary-oriental-institute-university-chicago-cad

?

Regards,

Michel

Why yes, I've been using the PDFs for years. They've been - and still are - invaluable tools for my Akkadian studies. But thank you very much for making sure that I wasn't missing out! :)

The main reason I was requesting the CAD for Accordance is that the OCR accuracy (and sometimes the resolution) is slightly poor on the PDFs. It would thus be nice to have on the Accordance platform in order to perform more exact searches. But it's a luxury problem, really. I'm very happy that the Institute bothered making the PDFs and even chose to make them available for free.

With kind regards

Pchris

• 2 years later...

Pons althebräisch wird es bald in einer anderen bibelsoftware geben. es passiert da etwas.

• Like 1

I was checking there. really interesting. 

They have Strack-Billerbeck in German. I have to rethink my strategy

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Now another Bible Software released really needy german Ressources. Now im really thinking about investing in it.

Really like the idea of getting rid of my physical copies of Hthknt or ThWAT.

Or is there a Chance accordance is going to get These ressources as welk - anytime.... ?!

• Like 1

I believe the near minded thinking for englisch resources only will not pass till Jesus come back. 

Rick Bennet wrote on  https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/18488-had-the-logos-guys-give-me-a-demo/?p=89852 " We're pretty much at the point where all major commentaries are available, and we can work with almost every publisher out there." It can be true, BUT not for the German market. Brockhaus for example wrote to me: They don't want to work with Accordance. They have decided to work with L.

​Conclusion: I don't recommend Accordance anymore for the German speaking world! Except for the Leonberger NT.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

I believe also the GBS has lost their interest. In their shop is still Accordance 11 https://www.die-bibel.de/shop/bibelausgaben/digitale-bibelausgaben/?sCatFilter%5B%5D=3058472. The translation of the Accordance Atlas and Timeline is still in English on the German UI. The GBS has offered more texts and tools but Accordance was not interested. I've got this as an answer from the GBS as I asked for more resources.

The Einheitsübersetzung 1980 is not available in the Accordance store anymore. The new 2016 version is not planned for Accordance. I have asked the publisher. 

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian 

I agree, Accordance is not made for the German speaking people. 

but is Logos really better?

• 4 years later...

Hallo,
I am a newcomer on this platform;
I miss the following German resources for accordance:

-Edition C Bibelkommentar (Gerhard Maier)

-Wuppertaler Studienbibel

-Walvoord Bibel Kommentar
Greetings, Dietmar