Greek Took search field shows incorrect value

mikes

When I search a greek took, then select the next (or any) greek tool it switches the field to "Titles" even though it still shows "Greek Entry" as in the attached image.

post-19213-070218400 1322784123_thumb.png

I can "work around" this by selecting Greek Entry by hand every time.

When I search a greek took, then select the next (or any) greek tool it switches the field to "Titles" even though it still shows "Greek Entry" as in the attached image.

post-19213-070218400 1322784123_thumb.png

I can "work around" this by selecting Greek Entry by hand every time.

When you switch, are you switching to or from either NIDNTT or NIDNNT-A?

When you switch, are you switching to or from either NIDNTT or NIDNNT-A?

I don't have NIDNTT-A.

I did do a little more experimentation and it happens whenever I switch to or from NIDNTT. It always happens when I switch to NIDNTT, and all of the time when I switch away from NIDNTT when I switch to the greek entry field choice. If I leave the choice to english showing greek and go to the next tool, it doesn't switch that tool to english.

Hence, this appears to be a problem with the NIDNTT module.

I don't have NIDNTT-A.

I did do a little more experimentation and it happens whenever I switch to or from NIDNTT. It always happens when I switch to NIDNTT, and all of the time when I switch away from NIDNTT when I switch to the greek entry field choice. If I leave the choice to english showing greek and go to the next tool, it doesn't switch that tool to english.

Hence, this appears to be a problem with the NIDNTT module.

It happens with the NIDNTT-A, too. That's my only Greek tool that has "Title" rather than "Greek entry" as the top search option, so it seems to stay at the top option rather than finding the equivalent field. Similarly, if you search BDAG for "Greek content" (the sixth option) and then change to Louw/Nida, it tries to search the sixth option "Scripture". This position-based field search problem happens with English and Hebrew tools as well.

I think I've found this problem and it should be fixed for 9.5.2, released very soon.

Archived