Deleting Highlights Files

Julia Falling

Hey -

I've got some old Highlights files I'd like to get rid of, but after deleting them from Documents/Accordance Files/Highlights and syncing with iPhone or iPad, they show up again. How do I really get rid of the things?

Thanks

Did you try deleting from both the iOS devices and your Mac(s) before synching?

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

Hey, Michael -

I did a sync with Highlights all unchecked, and all the files are still on my iPhone. When I went to sync again, the Highlights files that had been trashed on my Mac were listed in the Sync window as Unknown, but their names still appear in the sync, on the iPhone, and on the iPad. Is there some way to directly remove them from the iOS devices?

Thanks

Julie,

I don't there is a way to individually remove Highlight files.

I think you have to remove them all (from the System Settings) and resync the Highlight files you want.

From the Help:

Open the system Settings on your device and scroll to Accordance in the Applications area. These settings apply to the next restart of the app, and default back to OFF.

Remove Last Save: Deletes all session information. Use this option if Accordance fails to start up.

Reset Highlights: Removes all currently installed highlights and restarts with a new default highlights file. Use this option to resolve issues with highlighting.

Edited by Mike Garrity

Thanks, Mike. That took care of it. I no longer have a bunch of "ghost" Highlights files.

Did you find the info in the Accordance Help or in the iOS help?

Thanks! I've got to spend some time in the Help files. There is a lot of good stuff there, and, had I looked, I wouldn't have had to bother you guys.