Figuring Out What's New

David Lang

Like many of you, I'm still learning my way around the new message boards. The biggest challenge is figuring out which topics have new posts, but I've just discovered several incredibly easy ways to do that.

If you'll look along the top of the screen, you'll see links for "My Controls," "View New Posts," and "My Assistant." Each of these will present you with the posts which you have not yet read, but I find the "View New Posts" option to give the cleanest presentation of information.

Hope this is helpful to some of you.

I find the "View New Posts" option to give the cleanest presentation of information.

I'm having a hard time getting it to update with the cache. Once I've visited a post via various links, I can click the "View New Posts" link and it still registers the posts as unread. :: shrug ::

I find the "Today's active topics" at the bottom of the main page most helpful. It shows all the topic with the newest posts at the top, gives stats or replies and views, and marks with a little orange square the ones you have not read. Once you have read them you can go back and click "Mark all forums as read and return to index."

Archived