The Kingdom New Testament

Matthew Johnson

A NT translation by N.T. Wright in his "For Everyone" series.

A NT translation by N.T. Wright in his "For Everyone" series.

I think this would be an interesting module.

This would be a definite purchase.

While we are on the subject, the absence of N. T. Wright from the Accordance catalog REALLY needs to be addressed.

Please work on getting the Christian Origins and the Question of God series by N. T. Wright. For that matter any of his works would be great to have in Accordance, but if I could have just one, it would be the Christian Origins and the Question of God series.

Having my favorite theologian in my favorite Bible software would be an incredible blessing.

This would be a definite purchase.

While we are on the subject, the absence of N. T. Wright from the Accordance catalog REALLY needs to be addressed.

Please work on getting the Christian Origins and the Question of God series by N. T. Wright. For that matter any of his works would be great to have in Accordance, but if I could have just one, it would be the Christian Origins and the Question of God series.

Having my favorite theologian in my favorite Bible software would be an incredible blessing.

I adore the work of N.T. Wright, but I can't see purchasing his books for Accordance. Now I'm curious: how would you use them digitally? Mostly for the search capabilities? Or would you incorporate them into your textual study somehow?

I should mention, however, that I can see myself purchasing The Kingdom New Testament since I own the entire "For Everyone" NT commentary series. Having Wright's translations available next to other modern translations would be useful.

. . how would you use them digitally? Mostly for the search capabilities? Or would you incorporate them into your textual study somehow?

In my case, they would be utilized in all the above ways. Primarily, I would like to have the digital copies available to read. I find myself reading longer when I read digital books. It is extremely handy to have my library with me in my pocket where it can be utilized in a second.

I teach an adult Sunday School class and we have utilized a few of N. T. Wright's studies. They have enjoyed the studies and I anticipate using more in the future. I would appreciate the ability to search for a particular concept or idea when preparing lessons and the ready ability to copy sections for inclusion in my notes or handouts.

I don't see Accordance as "just" a search and study tool (though it is excellent at that). Study in and of itself incorporates a great deal of reading. The more I can utilize digital texts, the more reading I can get done and the better prepared I can be for my class and the more fulfilling my personal study will be.

Thanks to the Accordance team!

Archived