Accordance DVDs?

Matt Simerson

I have this habit. It goes back about 10 years, when I got my first CD-R burner. I created disk images of all my floppies and tossed the floppies into boxes, never to be touched again. Seven years later my brand new Mac had no floppy drive. Many whined, I smiled and tossed the box of floppies into the trash.

Two years ago my new Mac came with a SuperDrive. I created disk images of many (several hundred) CD-ROMs and tossed them into boxes, never to be touched again. Recently I created disk images of the 7 CDs I have received from Accordance: two for Library 6, two for Scholar's Collection, 2 Bible Unlocks, and another for the Atlas. All seven disk images fit into 1.2GB, and thus onto one DVD with 3+GB to spare. Now I have one Accordance DVD (instead of a pile of CDs).

Here's the voice of one crying in the computing wilderness, please put the contents of all the most common CDs onto one (or two) DVDs when you release Accordance 7. Purchasing additional modules or collections should be as easy and instant as logging onto your web site and purchasing the unlock code.

Archived