Options in Library grayed out

HansK

I want to add some folders in My Groups. That is not possible because all is grayed out.

I have tried to open the Library with the Shift key pressed, but that does not help.

The Help file is not very helpful :angry: in this case.

Any ideas?

Thanks beforehand,

Hans

Find a resource in your Library that you want in one of your new folders. Right click > Add it to a New User Group > Name your new folder. Once there is a folder created in My Groups, you can add other resources from your Library into that folder.

Example:

Find Easton's Bible Dictionary in the Library. Right click > Add to User Group > New Group. Rename folder to "Dictionaries". Return to Library and add other dictionaries to your new group.

OK, but please explain why the options in My Groups are grayed out?

Is this a bug? I can't find a way to add to My Groups from within the Library.

Julie's answer is correct. You must create the first group from a module somewhere else in the Library. It's not exactly a bug, but it's just the way it works.

Yes, but he already has some groups. The problem is creating the first one.

Something has changed since that video. At 0:56, he right-clicked on My Groups and was able to do Add Folder to create a child folder. Even though I have some folders under My Groups already, the Add Folder option is grayed out when I right-click My Groups. However, I can right-click on a child folder and do Add Folder, which adds a sibling.

There may have been an anomaly that was cleaned up. Now you cannot add a folder by right-clicking on any of the top level items, since a folder is added at the level that you click. So I think that this was deliberately corrected since Dr. J's podcast.

Julie's solution works fine. However, I cannot see the reason for graying out the options in My Groups.

I sleep well with this -:)

Thanks for your answers.