Muraoka A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint

Enoch

A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint by T. Muraoka.

Should this be offered by Accordance?

• Like 6

+1!

• Like 1

It would be nice certainly, Enoch. See http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13465

Thx

D

Thanks for the link, Daniel. I note this statement made some time ago:

Helen Brown mentions that Muraoka himself isn't ready for it yet (August 6th 2011)"

I only wonder what "isn't ready for it yet" means???

That is the kind of thing a man says when asked when he will get married.

I don't know of any other Bible program that has it either.

"Should" in an ethical sense? Yes! :)

Should can have a variety of connotations. Since I don't own it and haven't examined it (but its description & reviews on Amazon indicated I would want it), I put it up for discussion, rather than overtly requesting it.

Edited by Enoch

YES! It's a moral imperative, I believe!

Right, Enoch, it doesn't exist in any available electronic format now. It's a nicely-bound volume, though, so worth acquiring in print as you are able.

I also don't know whether it's the author or publisher (or both) that are denying the licensing requests (assuming Accordance and Logos and maybe BibleWorks are making them, which I would think they are).

At any rate, I don't suppose that's public business, but I do wonder if publishers hold off on electronic licensing for a period to keep print sales high. I would think electronic licensing wouldn't have to compromise print or overall revenue, but I'm not a publisher.

Either way, I think there probably is widespread enough desire for this work that a lot of folks would purchase it in electronic format.

• Like 2

I also don't know whether it's the author or publisher (or both) that are denying the licensing requests (assuming Accordance and Logos and maybe BibleWorks are making them, which I would think they are).

At any rate, I don't suppose that's public business, but I do wonder if publishers hold off on electronic licensing for a period to keep print sales high. I would think electronic licensing wouldn't have to compromise print or overall revenue, but I'm not a publisher.

Either way, I think there probably is widespread enough desire for this work that a lot of folks would purchase it in electronic format.

I believe you might be on to something here, Abram. Most conventional bookstores have been suffering for at least good decade now because of the increasing demand for electronic books (at least where I live). And if the bookstores suffer, so do the publishers that make the books. And I also agree that it's difficult to say anything certain in this particular case: "not ready" could mean a whole lot of things, as Enoch pointed out (although I doubt that this is a case of "cold feet"!).