Totally terminal crash

freney

Folks,

I installed a few modules in the iOS app linked to my account. I've now tried this twice, for reasons that will become clear.

I installed the NIV, HSBC, GNT, BHS, and a handful of other things.

One module - I'm not sure which one - clearly didn't download properly and had a blank title in the library list. I deleted it without trying to select it, fearing the worst if I tried to access it.

The second time through this 'easy install' process I selected my BHS module, and the app promptly crashed. (I might have selected this the first time through too, but I'm unsure if it was this module or another one).

Worse still, re-starting the app causes a crash as well. I assume it tries to reload the most recently accessed module, and then re-crashes. Force-quitting the app and/or rebooting the phone don't help the situation.

I've deleted and reinstalled this app once already today, and I'm not particularly keen to do so again unless there's another way around this. Any ideas?

Ta,

Sam.

Hi Sam,

This may be of no help but reading the reports of crashing during install and some other odd problems, maybe related to the servers getting hammered by everyone wanting to download...

I'd try to download one at a time, but you are right, if it gets in a bad state and the 'default' module is causing it to crash on load it can get to be an ugly recovery.

Note to Accordance Team: Can you provide a preference panel in the Settings application like many other apps do to make rudimentary changes? It would allow for fixing things like this because presumably the preference app wouldn't try to load the default modules it would just set them.

Hi, Sam!

None of the modules you listed has any known problem. I have all but the HCSB loaded on my iPhone with no problem. There are a couple of local things you might want to try though. First, make sure you are on a WiFi connection, as it is much faster than the 3G available through AT&T.

Second, know that Easy install does not handle interruptions very well. That said, you should turn off notifications, badges, alerts, and push mail when attempting to download any really large files.

Try downloading just a few modules at a time

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Unfortunately, I tried those things (the second time around!). I downloaded one at a time over WiFi, without any interruptions. I still ended up with the quirky end state though.

Sam.

I restarted/reset my iPhone and now the Accordance app crashes on me. When I try to start the app, it goes to the opening accordance graphic screen, stays on that screen for a little while, and then dumps me back to my phone. I really don't want to delete the app and start over downloading all those modules. Is there anything else that I can do to get this thing to actually open properly again?

Brent Wilson

Having same issue on crashing on start.

Mine occurred after deleting a "blank" space as several have mentioned. It was a blank in the Texts section. Not sure which text it was supposed to be.

Reloading.

Shortly after the crashing problem became known, they mentioned on forum here somewhere that we should avoid downloading parallels, syntax, atlas and timeline because these were apparently responsible for the crash problem.

After deleting the crashing app, downloading a fresh Accordance app and downloading everything except these four types of modules, the problem disappeared for me.

I respect that it may be frustrating to download all over again, but this really seems to do the trick. I notice, in the mean time, that they've blocked access to some of these items, too, so you won't accidentally load them.

Shortly after the crashing problem became known, they mentioned on forum here somewhere that we should avoid downloading parallels, syntax, atlas and timeline because these were apparently responsible for the crash problem.

After deleting the crashing app, downloading a fresh Accordance app and downloading everything except these four types of modules, the problem disappeared for me.

I respect that it may be frustrating to download all over again, but this really seems to do the trick. I notice, in the mean time, that they've blocked access to some of these items, too, so you won't accidentally load them.

OK, Atlas would have been the culprit.

I noticed too that some of the parallel modules are 'not for iOS', but most of them have names that are too long and this detail is obscured. Accordance folks, when you've got a minute, can you remove these from the downloads list? Cheers.

Thanks for the work on the app guys. I know how much of a pain even little things can be in iOS programming.

I just experienced the same issue on my iPad. I have had trouble installing BHS-W4 for some reason. It crashed during the download and the app then continuously crashed upon start-up. Thus, I had to reinstall the app and re-download. This had nothing to do with the Atlas or any modules related to it.

Has anyone else received the same problem with BHS-W4?

I am absolutely loving the app and I think accordance really deserves a Kol-HaCavod on this one. But having to re-download each module every time the app crashes is kind of a time consuming task.

Thanks,

Nathan

I had managed to download the bhs-w4 but just deleted it, not risking anything that will destabilise the app :)

I had managed to download the bhs-w4 but just deleted it, not risking anything that will destabilise the app :)

Well, if you succeeded in using BHS-W4, then I'm sure it has something to do with my account. I think you're probably ok to keep using it.

So, after a reinstall, I was able to get BHS-W4 to download and install. So I guess it works, which is great. Now I can sit in Dr. Baruch Schwartz's class tomorrow and use accordance on my iPad. That will be nice.

Archived