Wrong Citation in NICNT

Levi Durfey

Wow! Just yesterday I decided to wait and purchase the NICNT as one of my main NT commentaries. This morning Accordance releases it! I bought it right away.

I did notice a bug in the copy as citation. No matter what book you are in, the citation comes up as:

(James B. Adamson, The Epistle of James, New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1976), 46.)

The rest of the quote is correct, for example, 1 Cor. 13:1 --

1 This opening sentence is the reason for the entire argument:

Wow! Just yesterday I decided to wait and purchase the NICNT as one of my main NT commentaries. This morning Accordance releases it! I bought it right away.

I did notice a bug in the copy as citation. No matter what book you are in, the citation comes up as:

(James B. Adamson, The Epistle of James, New International Commentary on the New Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1976), 46.)

The rest of the quote is correct, for example, 1 Cor. 13:1 --

1 This opening sentence is the reason for the entire argument:

We need to update the database file to account for these, which will be included in 9.4.2. My apologies. If you need this for urgent research, msg me off forum.

Thanks Rick, no hurry for me.

Dr. J, thank you for the affirmation -- I just spent the last several days reading reviews and portions of the commentary sets that Accordance offers, so it was good to read your comment.

• 4 weeks later...

The wrong citation problem in the NICNT is still happening for me in 9.4.2.

Was it missed, or do we have to wait for a module update for the NICNT?

Also, the MacArthur NTC2 is still not giving any citations at all.

The wrong citation problem in the NICNT is still happening for me in 9.4.2.

Was it missed, or do we have to wait for a module update for the NICNT?

Also, the MacArthur NTC2 is still not giving any citations at all.

Hi Levi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to double-check on multiple systems before responding. I cannot reproduce this, but get perfect citations from both modules. Can you verify that 9.4.2 was indeed installed (go to About Accordance

Yes, I am running Accordance 9.4.2. Also I am not showing any updates pending.

These are the only two modules that I know of that I am having trouble with. The Holman Bible Commentary, for example, works perfectly.

Hi Levi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I wanted to double-check on multiple systems before responding. I cannot reproduce this, but get perfect citations from both modules. Can you verify that 9.4.2 was indeed installed (go to About Accordance

Yes, I am running Accordance 9.4.2. Also I am not showing any updates pending.

These are the only two modules that I know of that I am having trouble with. The Holman Bible Commentary, for example, works perfectly.

Are you attempting to cite from NICNT (the complete module), or an individual volume?

I have the complete set (the single module), I didn't buy individual ones.

Are you attempting to cite from NICNT (the complete module), or an individual volume?

I have the complete set (the single module), I didn't buy individual ones.

I have tested with 2 other associates and my own system, and a clean install of 9.4.2 should not have this issue. I did find that the database does not contain some last minute changes I made, but those will only affect citations in a couple individual volumes; not the complete NICNT module. We probably need to screen share to see what's going on. Can you msg me off forum to arrange this?

Keith from tech helped me fix this.

I had two Accordance folders (one the hard drive/library/application support and one in the user/library/application support).

Deleted the first one. Reinstalled Accordance. Works fine now.

I have tested with 2 other associates and my own system, and a clean install of 9.4.2 should not have this issue. I did find that the database does not contain some last minute changes I made, but those will only affect citations in a couple individual volumes; not the complete NICNT module. We probably need to screen share to see what's going on. Can you msg me off forum to arrange this?

Archived