New Google Map Feature

fargilan

Love the new Google Map feature. Any chance of linking to Google Earth as well? That would be more useful to me and would make for some really nice animations to capture and use for Bible study groups.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems to me that Google Maps used to have a "View in Google Earth" function, but I can't seem to find it.

For the time being, you could copy the latitude and longitude from the link that appears when you click Link in the upper right corner of a Google map and then paste it into Google Earth. The syntax there in the long URL is as follows, i.e., for Bethlehem, and you'd want to copy just the numbers and the comma separator.

ll=31.6921,35.1203

It seems to me that Google Maps used to have a "View in Google Earth" function, but I can't seem to find it.

For the time being, you could copy the latitude and longitude from the link that appears when you click Link in the upper right corner of a Google map and then paste it into Google Earth. The syntax there in the long URL is as follows, i.e., for Bethlehem, and you'd want to copy just the numbers and the comma separator.

Thanks jpkang. I also thought there was a link to Google Earth from Google Maps but couldn't find it either. Your tip about copying latitude and longitude coordinates is helpful. Still hoping to be able to go directly to Google Earth from Accordance.

Archived