PHILO-T Parallel to BHS-W4

Anon

Fellow Accordance Users,

Has anyone discovered how to parallel (in any workspace) BHS-W4 to PHILO-T?

I know that I can create two separate work spaces, but I am interested in having them in one workspace, so as to print out the BHS and PHILO in two columns (1QGen, etc.) on one page.

Fellow Accordance Users,

Has anyone discovered how to parallel (in any workspace) BHS-W4 to PHILO-T?

I know that I can create two separate work spaces, but I am interested in having them in one workspace, so as to print out the BHS and PHILO in two columns (1QGen, etc.) on one page.

Hi, James!

I do not believe it is possible, as least not automatically.

Accordance only allows parallel texts or reference tools for that specific text in parallel panes. In fact, the various choices in the drop down menu for the icons "add text" and "add reference tool" are limited to the relevant texts.

The only way I can imagine you doing it is to create a user note by copying Philo-T and pasting it, verse by verse, into a note for the relevant BHS-W4 verse.

Outside of Accordance, you can do the same thing in parallel columns in a word processor. I had to do just that for a class I taught in John some years ago.

Hi, James!

I do not believe it is possible, as least not automatically.

Accordance only allows parallel texts or reference tools for that specific text in parallel panes. In fact, the various choices in the drop down menu for the icons "add text" and "add reference tool" are limited to the relevant texts.

The only way I can imagine you doing it is to create a user note by copying Philo-T and pasting it, verse by verse, into a note for the relevant BHS-W4 verse.

Outside of Accordance, you can do the same thing in parallel columns in a word processor. I had to do just that for a class I taught in John some years ago.

Thanks, Dr. J. Yes, I was aware of the limitations in the drop down windows. I didn't think there was a way, but wanted to check so as to make sure I was not overlooking an option.

I have produced columnized text portions in the past, especially with LXX, DSS, BHS comparatives; in fact, my future Doctoral Diss. thesis has evolved from such comparisons, especially in the book of Jeremiah. However, I was hoping to save some time and use the print feature.

Archived