Hermeneia 4 Ezra in two Hermeneia modules

Abram K-J

I'm seeing 4 Ezra in both "Hermeneia OT" and "Hermeneia PS," but it looks like the same volume (i.e., not an alternate volume). The one minor difference is it looks like one got a couple minor text updates that the other didn't.

Just curious if this was intentional, or if there were important differences to be aware of between the two.

It has to do with the corpus the references are linked to. Since 4Ezra is found in 2Esdras we can link to both the Biblical corpus and the Pseudepigraphal corpus. I can't speak to the marketing/sales end of things, but from the programming side, that's why it can appear in both.

And you're correct, it's the same volume.

Could you give me an example of a difference?

So far I've only gotten as far as the Introduction and going through the tool browser to see what's there. In the attached you can see heading/numbering differences.

post-31802-0-14572400-1402491065_thumb.png

That looks to be an error in the PS version. I've checked the original releases of both the OT and PS modules and the error is there (thus not introduced by any updating I did last year). It would seem that the "1." was dropped from the beginning of the title lines in section 1. You can see how the subsection numbers are the same. Do a report correction on these and they should get taken care of.