User Notes

rcdeacon

I have searched the forum and looked for a relevant podcast the deals with the creation of user notes to no avail. As a new user (switcher) to Accordance I was wondering if you can add a user note to whole books (such as a personal outline of the book or other general info), entire chapters, or just a grouping of verses? Also, I was having some trouble adding a second note to a verse that already had a note. Thanks for any help someone can throw my way.

Bob:

Sorry, for now User Notes are added to a specific verse. You can attach your more general notes to the first verse. You can added as much info as you like to each verse (up to the 32,000 character limit). Just reopen the edit window for the note by starting to type in it. You can create more sets of notes for different purposes.

Bob:

Sorry, for now User Notes are added to a specific verse. You can attach your more general notes to the first verse. You can added as much info as you like to each verse (up to the 32,000 character limit). Just reopen the edit window for the note by starting to type in it. You can create more sets of notes for different purposes.

Thank you Helen for your reply. Are there any future plans for User Notes? It is handy to be able to put personal notes in by book, chapter or verse groupings. What may I ask are the "notes for different purposes"?

I mean that you can create a new User Notes file for, say, devotional notes, and one for textual or linguistic comments.

And, yes, we have alrrady said that we hope to create a user reference tool which will have different characteristics and make it perhaps easier to create a commentary on the text.

And, yes, we have alrrady said that we hope to create a user reference tool which will have different characteristics and make it perhaps easier to create a commentary on the text.

Helen

If this were FaceBook I would click the "Likes This" button! ;) I like the "commentary on the text" idea.

Jack

Archived