BDB Content Display Problem

Mark Nigro

Strange thing happened today, which may have always existed but never was noticed until now. In BDB certain Hebrew entries are displaying incorrectly, that is without their Hebrew fonts, while others display perfectly. The entries in question are consistently doing this. Please see screen shot. Thanks.

post-29340-0-68482500-1357915298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark Nigro

I do not seem to have this problem. Something odd going on.

Edited by Steve King

I had a similar issue some time back with a different module (don't remember which one) and somehow was able to resolve it. If I remember correctly, it may have been a font issue. Have you tried downloading and running the Font Fixer Utility? Because your problem is consistent with certain entries, I suspect it isn't an issue the Font Fixer will resolve. But it may be worth a try.

Note Helen's response below. And I failed to notice this was re: iOS.

Edited by Sean R.

FontFixer is now unlikely to help since Accordance 10 accesses fonts withing the application bundle, and not from the System Fonts folder.

Font Fixer is for the Mac, and I believe the issue is with Accordance for iOS.

I have not observed this issue in iOS

Mark: what happens if you adjust the font size of the BDB Complete display? What iOS device and system and app version are you using?

I should have mentioned those details, sorry. BDB is the abridged version. Using Accordance for iOS 1.6.1 in iOS system version 6.0.1 running on an iPad 2. I tried modifying font size as Helen mentioned but it didn't help. In HALOT I opened the same entries and tinkered around in NIDOTTE just to rule out a system wide problem. I found nothing wrong with these others. And in case it can be useful to know, the same entries in Accordance for OSX do not have the problem.

Edited by Mark Nigro

Mark:

Clearly something is causing the app not to find the correct font and style for these entries on your device. I might try quitting the app completely and rebooting your iOS device. I would also make sure you have the latest version installed (which I believe is v3.5),

Hope this helps,

Scott.

Scott, thank you! I had BDB v.3.4, updated to 3.5 and the update took care if it.