Universal Binary and Training DVD

grj

I am considering buying the Training DVD. However, if the universal binary is coming out soon and there will be changes I am a little hesitant. Will the changes in the new version be enough to warrant a new Training DVD?

In other words, should I buy the Training DVD or wait for all of the updates?

Thanks,

Gary

I am considering buying the Training DVD. However, if the universal binary is coming out soon and there will be changes I am a little hesitant. Will the changes in the new version be enough to warrant a new Training DVD?

In other words, should I buy the Training DVD or wait for all of the updates?

As someone who has reviewed both editions of the DVD in their entirety, I can confidently say that there's no reason to wait--almost everything covered in the current DVD (released only nine months or so ago) will transfer to the new version, and any new features will be well-documented in the built-in Help (i.e., the "What's New" section) and PDF documentation.

I can't stress enough how useful the overviews of the design philosophy (see the "key concepts" video here!) are with repeated viewings, and how clear the tutorials are for using everything from the most basic to most complex searches. The more you absorb now, the more useful any version of Accordance becomes when you start using it.

Bottom line: it's an incredible bargain, considering the quantity and quality of the instruction you get... and that's no joke.

J. P.

I would second the opinion that the DVD tutorial is very worth the watch... for both old users and new.

AND, that what changes may come in version 8 will be simply new items to give attention to, without replacing or changing any previous features.

Archived