Couldn't search by simply type in

Martin Z

Hello,

I opened a tab and type +מתק, but I couldn't run the search.

post-32138-0-97590000-1418266636_thumb.png

A pop up window shows up for me to find the same word there. I found מתק, and chose it.

Accordance basically shows the same thing: +מתק, and runs the search perfectly.

post-32138-0-28671600-1418266653_thumb.png

I wonder what was wrong with at the first time. both מתק and =מתק works fine.

Hi Martin, this is very interesting!

If I put מתק+ into the search bar, Accordance immediately replaces it with מתק=+ and brings up the select word sheet.

If however I enter מתק and then use the Search for => root contextual menu item, it immediately enters מתק+ and does the search.

​That seems like a little “undocumented feature” (let the reader understand).

If I put מתק+ into the search bar, Accordance immediately replaces it with מתק=+ and brings up the select word sheet.

This is exact what I experienced. Then if I choose מתק from the pop up window, it searches for מתק+.

If however I enter מתק and then use the Search for => root contextual menu item, it immediately enters מתק+ and does the search.

I don't understand this. If I right click the word from the text and choose Search for → root, it searches for מתק+.

Is that what you mean?

This is exact what I experienced. Then if I choose מתק from the pop up window, it searches for מתק+.

I don't understand this. If I right click the word from the text and choose Search for → root, it searches for מתק+.

Is that what you mean?

Exactly. Sorry I wasn’t clear. Just noting another situation where the search works.

I confirm that this is a bug, if you enter + and then a word, it brings up the Quick Entry with the root forms, but adds an = sign which prevents the search. You can, of course, turn off the Quick Entry in Preferences: Search tabs if you prefer.

Or you can type in מתק+ and then press ESC to dismiss the quick entry drop down, then perform the search and all works well.

Or you can type in מתק+ and then press ESC to dismiss the quick entry drop down, then perform the search and all works well.

That's weird. But I'm happy that it works well.

Blessings,
Martin