Active Internet Connection Not Found, despite active Internet connection

Abram K-J

I repeatedly get the attached error message when trying to download the PhotoGuide (I think it was) update--now it's installed, but twice after updating and installing, when Accordance searches for more updates, I get an Internet timeout message, even though my Internet is working perfectly fine.

Someone mentioned this recently on the forums, I think, so I don't think it's a new problem, but let me know if more info is helpful in diagnosing.

post-31802-0-04348100-1416945359_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Got this again this morning. Three updates, downloaded (and installed) successfully, or so I thought. Then Accordance automatically checked again for updates and I got the message above.

And then the same three updates show in the update pane.

I suspect others are having a similar issue? Late 2008 MacBook, everything up-to-date.

Have you done this fix?

First go into System Preferences/Network and click on the 'Advanced' button. Then click on the 'Proxies' button and make sure that 'Auto Proxy Discover' and "Auto Proxy Configuration' are unchecked. 'Apply' the settings and try to open Accordance and log in again.

If this does not work then go back to that same 'Proxies' page and at the bottom of the page where it says Use Passive FTP mode (PASV) and switch the check box selection (if it's checked, uncheck it and if it is unchecked, check it) and then try again.

Thanks, Helen. Both those Proxies buttons are already unchecked. Use Passive FTP Mode is already checked, but I can switch it and try again. I only have an issue when there are updates to download, so I'll just give this a go next time I notice updates pop up.

I take it no one else has reported a similar issue?

• 1 year later...

I have been having the same issue!   I was just about to post about this problem, and decided to do a search to see if anyone else had the problem first.  

I have two MacBooks:  A 2012 Macbook Pro and an old 2009 (first-gen aluminum) Macbook.  On the latter Machine (which is running OS 10.6.8) I keep getting an error message that says that an active internet connection is not found, despite being able to run Safari, Chrome, and anything else that requires an internet connection.  I get that message whether I am using WiFi, or connecting the comp directly do the router.  Connecting to the router used to work (I had to do that in order to upgrade to 11.1.2), but now does not.    Have no idea why.  

I even deleted Accordance from my computer and reinstalled it, but the problem still occurs.   As Accordance has to check its status online within 7 days, I can no longer run accordance on this machine until the problem is sorted out.   (I would use the newer computer exclusively, except the WiFi card on that machine is not working at the moment, so I rely on the older Macbook just to run Accordance).   

I have tried Helen's suggest fix above, but the problem persists.  Any thoughts?  Abram, did anything peculiar happen before this problem started for you?

Thanks!

David

post-32209-0-31277600-1450664811_thumb.png

Edited by David Harris

I cannot think back to OS 10.6.8 FTP connection issues. In those days we had problems until people upgraded to Accordance 10.4.5. I suggest you contact support and see if they can help. You can also request that we adjust the status of your account so that you no longer need to log in weekly.

David, my issue hasn't come up (that I recall) recently, and unfortunately I know neither what caused it nor what fixed it!

I cannot think back to OS 10.6.8 FTP connection issues. In those days we had problems until people upgraded to Accordance 10.4.5. I suggest you contact support and see if they can help. You can also request that we adjust the status of your account so that you no longer need to log in weekly.

Thanks for the info, Helen. I will contact support about my account.

I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas!

David

Abram,

If you learn anything about what may have contributed to the problem or how to fix it, please let me know. I will do the same.

Merry Christmas to you,

David

• Like 1

This active internet log-in business is bothering me, to be honest.

Why not just get rid of it and replace it with a two-weekly reminder to check for updates?

"Dude, your Accordance is so last month! Check for updates now, man!" Or something like that…