Select Range not working

Anson

I don't know since when, the select range / add to range function in the table of contents doesn't work anymore. When I right click and choose a particular range to be selected, I don't get the red highlight thing anymore. It doesn't work on any of my commentary modules.

What I'm trying to do is that every time when I have to prepare for a sermon, I select the range of the text, then either print that section of commentary out or save as PDF.

How I get around the problem temporarily: I select the text itself by holding and dragging the mouse down for a number of pages, then choose print selection.

Please advise how to get the select range function back.

Accordance 10.4.5

Mac OSX 10.9.5

Modules I use: Bible Speaks Today, NIVAC-NT, ZEC-NT, Tyndale Commentary...etc.

Edited by nestea247

Hmm... in 11.0.3, I can select range, and I get the red lines, but the content isn't restricted to that selection, so you'd still have to manually select the range to print, from what I can see.

Ok the directions on file:///Applications/Accordance.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/05_dd/the_tool_browser_and_tool_pane.htm?Highlight=tool%20browser

work for me on 11. And the content then is restricted to the select sections. I no longer have a 10.4.5 setup to see if there is a breakage.

I didn't even know you could do this so that was interesting to learn.

Example: Locate and Print a Specific Article or Section in a Tool

1. Choose Show Text As>Articles from the Action pop-up menu () on the Pane bar.

2. Use Opt+Click to select the desired titles in the Tool Browser. The desired articles are marked with a red sidebar in the left margin of the Tool Browser.

3. Press Enter or Return in the Search Entry area. Only the selected articles are displayed in the Tool pane.

You can now print the articles displayed in the Tool pane.

Thx

D

Except that in 10.4.5 now, the window just jumps to that whole section rather than displays only that section, so any attempt to just print means that you will print the entire tool.

I cannot honestly remember when this behaviour might have changed, but it seems like something has gone a bit awry.

I am not in the development team, so someone from that will have to comment, sorry.

(It appears to act this way in 11.03 too - so it doesn’t work for me that "Only the selected articles are displayed in the Tool pane”) Accordance merely jumps to that position in the tool

Edited by Ken Simpson

Weird - works fine for me and I can then print the pane with File->Print... and it's printing (at least to PDF in Preview) just the selected bits.

To restrict the content following the doc'd instructions (in my earlier post above) to the letter works for me. Have you got Show Text As -> Articles set ?

Now perhaps, its a module issue - I'm testing with Lightfoot on the Gospels. I don't have NIVAC or Tyndale or ZECNT.

Tried ZIBBCNT and that seemed to work although print to PDF does not appear to include the images in the section but that's probably a different issue.

IVP OT Background Commentary seems to work too.

Thx

D

Thanks Daniel.

The Opt-Click method works perfectly for me now.

I didn't know there is a new shortcut key.

But the right-click "Select Range / Add to Range" should still work. I guess it's a bug for the team to swat.

Many thanks everyone!

Anson

Daniel,

Sometimes your instructions work for me, sometimes they don't. I thought maybe it was module specific, as my defeats were in Tyndale and my success was in ZIBBNT, but now Tyndale works. (And ZIBBNT didn't at first; I had to set the text display to Articles after option-clicking there before it did.)

Lorinda

@Anson Yep the context menu options seem a bit dodgey. Right click - clear selection does not clear all the red marks immediately. If you scroll the browser it will clear. Also right-click add to range does not add appear to work. As for right-click define range I cannot see what that does at all. So perhaps that menu is basically broken. The documentation on its exact use is thin so I cannot work out whether I'm doing something wrong there or not.

@Lorinda, not sure what's going on there with it once not working and then doing so. I also seem to able to set Show Text As before or after and it seems to work. I know I had to play with it a little first but then things were complicated by a keyboard lockup (see the other thread on that) during my testing, so I cannot exactly recall what happened there.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Hmm... I wonder if I had a keyboard lockup and didn't notice? I wasn't typing letters, just hitting return, so I could have missed it. If I have a chance to test again and run into it now working, I'll check out that theory.

And, for the record, it's Lorinda. Linda was my grandmother. :) (It's a common enough mistake; no offense taken, I just figure it's best to correct from time to time so folks know the right name).

My apologies regarding your name - I know it's Lorinda.

Corrected above.

Sorry

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

• 3 weeks later...

I'm unable to reproduce any issues with the searching - as Daniel reports, it always works for me. However, I can confirm the issues with the contextual menu, so those will get fixed for next rev. Thanks for the report!