Paul Daunno

I'm considering adding this module to my library and would like to hear from those of you who have it what you think about it. I'm a total novice with the original languages and mostly rely on keyed texts to understand more about the underlying Hebrew and Greek words. This looks like an excellent resource that is suitable to where I'm at as a novice. Thoughts?

Although biased, I really like this resource. My daily go-to is: NIV11-GK > Mounce Greek / KM Hebrew Dictionaries > Mounce Expository. This helps me read the text, understand the range of use for particular words, and get a bigger picture of a word or concept's use across the Bible. These are also tightly integrated via hyperlinking in Accordance.

• Like 2

Thanks Rick. I have NIV11 but not GK but I do have the NIV GK 1984 edition. I have the Mounce Greek/ KM Hebrew Dictionaries. The tight integration is one of the best parts of Accordance and glad to know it's there for these modules as well. I think I will add it to my collection and see how it goes. If anyone else has an opinion I'd appreciate it too :)

Although biased, I really like this resource. My daily go-to is: NIV11-GK > Mounce Greek / KM Hebrew Dictionaries > Mounce Expository. This helps me read the text, understand the range of use for particular words, and get a bigger picture of a word or concept's use across the Bible. These are also tightly integrated via hyperlinking in Accordance.

+1

I agree.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

I have "Renn's Expository Dictionary" that I have used on several occasions in the past but forgot I had it until now. Perhaps this one would give me a good start vs. having to invest in Mounce? I also would want to upgrade to the NIV-GK but perhaps I don't need to if I use Renn's for now. Any thoughts on the comparison of the two?

I ended up buying Mounce's Expository and the NIV11-GK today. I think both of these will be very useful in furthering my study of the original languages. Thanks again to everyone for your insight.

• Like 1

How does this compare to Vine's expository dictionary and the (apparently somewhat plagiarised) work of Zodhiates? Any comments?

Thanks

My understanding is that this was positioned to be the new Vine's. As far as specific differences / advantages, aside from being more modern and keyed to the GK & Strong's system, I'm not sure as I never used Vine's. This YouTube video by Zondervan may answer some of those questions…

• Like 3

Rick,

Great video. I found it very helpful. Thanks.

• Like 1

Rick,

Great video. I found it very helpful. Thanks.

Yep, me too. I've been wary of word studies but I might need to rethink that now.