Internet software for emulator

RonMiller

Dear Friends, in my first post to an Accordance forum, I am seeking help with suggestions and the source for a browser to use with BasiliskII on my PC. The manual suggests Navigator 3.04 from archive.netscape.com. Does anyone have a suggestion what later version will run under MAC OS 7.5.5 and where I might find it. Although I know sources for such things in the Windows world, this is all new terrain to me.

I'm pleased with Accordance and the way it runs under the emulator, but I'd like to branch out a little further. Thanks for any help you can give.

Ron Miller, Baltimore, MD

Ron:

Do not try to use a browser in Basilisk. Please consult the Emulator Manual for Accordance found here.

The Help files should be moved to the Windows environment and used there with a current browser, as explained in this manual.

Thanks, Helen. I'm more into experimenting with the emulator for its own sake. Accordance is running fine on my desktop and on the 4 gig USB stick, but I'm never one to leave well enough alone with something and computer-oriented.

Best wishes, Ron

This was a mistaken question. There is a copy of iCab browser included with the copy of BasiliskII I downloaded from Accordance and there are directions in the full BasiliskII manual for setting internet access.

Oaktree may not recommend using it, but I'll live dangerously and try and then report back.

Ron, I appreciate your adventurous nature. I too experimented with the emulator. My only recommendation is to familarize yourself with how to reinstall the emulator without having to reinstall Accordance. It is in the Accordance Emulator manual. I had to install a few times before learning what can be tweaked and what cannot.

Here is my article on using Accordance with an emulator.

http://www.bsreview.org/index.php?modulo=Articles&id=11

Tip: Whatever you do... do not go into the control panel/memory and try and turn on the virutal memory. It will tank the program.

Happy tweaking...

John Fidel

Archived