Reformed commentaries

soakland

Hello folks -

Does anyone know if Accordance has as a module any of the following commentaries:

Matthew Poole

John Gill

Poor Man's Commentary

Also, do you know any place on the web that has Accordance modules other than Accordance site itself?

Thanks in advance,

Pastor Scott Oakland

• Like 1

Also, do you know any place on the web that has Accordance modules other than Accordance site itself?

If you mean are there other websites that sell Accordance modules that are not offered on the Accordance website, the answer is no.

If you mean are there other vendors who sell Accordance modules so you can compare prices, the answer is yes.

ChristianBook.com sells several Accordance titles, including all three of the Zondervan Suites, the IVP collection, and Word Biblical Commentary. Some will come up if you search for Accordance. Others (like the IVP collection) are a little harder to find.

Cokesbury has some titles, although all of the ones they carry are out of date.

Amazon has the Zondervan suites, and used to carry some of the library collections, but they don't currently have the any of the Library 8 packages. The Zondervan suites are incorrectly categorized as books, so don't limit your Accordance search to software or you won't find them.

Lorinda

You can get Matthew Poole's and John Gill's commentaries for free as part of the Online Bible for Mac, which happens to be one reason I still keep it around.

Too bad you can't get them for Accordance.

You can get Matthew Poole's and John Gill's commentaries for free as part of the Online Bible for Mac, which happens to be one reason I still keep it around.

Too bad you can't get them for Accordance.

Thanks! I have ordered the $39.95 CD and plan to use those two commentaries as you have.

John Gill

I have the text for that pretty much ready to import, but currently there is no way to import into a "User Notes" type format that would function as a commentary. I've read that feature is coming, but no time estimate is forthcoming, nor even which future program iteration it will be included in.

Anyway, it looks nice imported into the user tool with formatting, so I'm thinking of importing it all in there and using Titles and Sub-Titles appropriately so that I could have access to it through the sidebar browser. I'm not sure if there are any limits as to how big a module can be...

I don't know if there are any restrictions on the text I have, but I will look into it, and if I do complete the import I will put it up on the module exchange site assuming all is OK to distribute.

Could you zip the Gill user notes and send it my way. I would love to use it if possible. Sometime modules can take a little time getting up on the exchange. If you are interested I have a bunch as well that I have made which I could send you.

Thanks.

ahshkosh@gmail.com

• 5 years later...

Just a reminder for any who missed it... Poole's Annotations on the Bible. is also in the exchange.

-Dan

• Like 1