Can't Open User Notes

Alex H.

I've upgraded to Snow Leopard and made the mistake of doing it as a clean install, so new accounts and everything. Now I can't open up my user notes. I've checked and triple checked user permissions in the Get Info window, dragged my back up from a couple of different locations, run a repair permissions, but Accordance keeps telling me I don't have write permissions and to go and change it, which I've done.

Just installed the 8.3 update, but didn't help.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Contacting you directly....

Have not solved the issue yet. Can anyone confirm that User Notes work or do not work for them on Snow Leopard?

Have not solved the issue yet. Can anyone confirm that User Notes work or do not work for them on Snow Leopard?

I'm running 8.3 in Snow Leopard and my User Notes are working just fine.

I did a clean install of Snow Leopard and migrated my account from a backup of 10.5.8. I am able to open User Notes, User Tools, etc.

Alex,

Questions:

• How did you move your Accordance stuff over to the new account?
  • Can you open other modules, User Tools, etc?
  • Do you have read and write permissions for everything in the 'Accordance Folder'? (Select it and do a Get Info, under Sharing & Permissions your user should have Read & Write. Apply Read & Write permissions to the enclosed items by selecting it from the Action (gear) menu.

Mike

My question would be whether your Snow Leopard user account's short name is different from your previous one(s).

Note that repairing permissions doesn't affect user data.

Another *remote* possibility might be that an Access Control List is the culprit...

I'm having the problem as well.

Archived