"Intelligent" verse search

Eleuterio

Verse search is very good in Accordance. It interprets virtually all normally verse notations correctly and displays them in the window below. And now even in so-called "European" notation!

I dare suggest a little improvement. When you are working with a book, sometimes you need to change from a reference to another, within the same book. Then, each time you need to write, say, "Psa 3,3", "Psa 25,9", etc.

It would be nice if there was the possibility of just writing "25,3", and that Accordance would assume that one continues to search in the same book.

(Of course you can delete the numbers of a previous search leaving the book name there, but it takes more time, and then I prefer to use the Tab to quickly select the whole and re-type

I could see this being practical if there were a way to constrain verse search to one book (which is not possible right now), but I'm a little anxious about it remembering the last book, because I can imagine things could get annoying or confusing if you had to look up a reference in another book and then forgot that you had to type the first book's name to return. I don't like retyping things much either, but it's probably safer.

Any more "intelligence" and Accordance would start reading your mind for you! :)

Archived