Codex Alexandrinus crashes Accordance iOS

Outis

In the newest update, all of my texts seem to be working ok. But Codex Alex crashes the whole app.

I did delete the app and download it from scratch. And it still consistently crashes the app.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Iphone 4s. newest ios version.

Just to be sure, we are talking about the text, right, not the images of the MSS?

Just checked. Version 1.2 of Codex Alex text is working fine on my iPhone 5 (iOS 6.1.3), Accordance for iOS (1.6.2).

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Yep, we're talking about the text. I don't add the image files to my iPhone because they take up space that my iPhone doesn't have.

The other strange part of this is that it doesn't crash when I initially open up Alex. It crashes when I go to Acts 13:15. Weird.

Ah. So perhaps it's a navigation bug. Does it crash when you scroll to Acts 13:15 or when you use theGoTo view or both?

Ok, to faithfully reproduce this crash this is what I do:

1) open an english text to Acts 13:15

2) From the dropdown bible version chooser thingy, I choose any uncial (yep, now it crashes on just about every uncial text)

Path II:

1) open an Uncial text (Si, Alex, Pap, whatever).

2) use the 'verse chooser' in the top left to go to Acts 13:15. Then it crashes.

I replicated in a similar, but not identical way with Codex Vaticanus on iPhone 4 (iOS 6.1.3) and Accordance 1.6.2

Once I crashed simply selecting to display it. Once it correctly displayed the text (Mt 1:1) and then Acts 13:15 using navigation. I tried the latter again without crash going to Acts 13:15 then 2Jn 1:1 (but then it crashed when I tried to scroll from there!

Restarting consistently takes me back to Jn 6:52 in GNT-T (the text and the reference when I quit Accordance prior to this experiment).

• Like 1

OK. I can reproduce this. Switching the text display option to verses from paragraphs makes it a little better but it is still acting strange. Definitely something that needs to be looked at.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1

Thanks Scott

Guess it is too late for 1.6.3 ;)

OK. I was looking at this issue today. It appears to be memory related and is the same problem we have displaying RTL texts at large font sizes in paragraph mode. The most reliable way to display and use these texts on your iOS device would be to change the following display settings for these modules to:

Display mode: Separate Verses or Separate with Space

Suppress Poetry: ON

Leading: As small as you can stand.

Even here, a large enough text size may cause problems. We're still investigating ways to ultimately fix the issue.

• Like 1