Concordance Display for Phrases

Robert N

I was doing a search on the phrase "Spirit of God" and the concordance results did not give me a list of the verses the entire phrase occurred in. It did give me the following results for individual words like spirit (4) and Spirit (22). I was hoping for the verses that the exact complete phrase came in first and then the others. I'm wondering if the Concordance Display can be enhanced to include this.

I can't see your image, but don't the default search results give you what you want (i.e., a phrase concordance in canonical order)?

Robert, can you try posting your image again?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay... I've been on vacation and haven't been to the forum to look at the replies... I'll try to attach the screenshot again, but you can see the results by entering a phrase like "evening and the morning" and doing a word search. The Details-Concordance gives you the results for individual words, but not for the phrase itself.

post-29974-128211922506_thumb.png

This is what the concordance does, concords the hit words. The search results themselves give you all the verses in which the phrase was found. You can display and copy these results as just references, but of course if you want a concordance like display you would need to edit the text yourself in another program or a iser tool window, and then you can append the concordance window results. From your original post it seems that this is what you want.

This is what the concordance does, concords the hit words. The search results themselves give you all the verses in which the phrase was found. You can display and copy these results as just references, but of course if you want a concordance like display you would need to edit the text yourself in another program or a iser tool window, and then you can append the concordance window results. From your original post it seems that this is what you want.

Hi Helen,

Good to see you are back. I suppose then I am asking for a modification so that the concordance includes an entry for the verses where the entire phrase is found preceding the concordance of the individual words.

I added a picture.

I can't see your image, but don't the default search results give you what you want (i.e., a phrase concordance in canonical order)?

I added a picture. I was trying to have Accordance precede the word entries in its Concordance with an entry for the entire phrase.

I understand exactly what you are asking for, but I think it would open a can of worms prgramming wise, and I doubt that we will do it.

I understand exactly what you are asking for, but I think it would open a can of worms prgramming wise, and I doubt that we will do it.

I guess I will try what the blind man did and ask... I might receive... but I am content either way.

Archived