Navigating to specific co-ordinates in Atlas

Michael T

Is there an intuitive method to navigate to specific co-ordinates within the Atlas module? For example, I want to add Eshnunna (33.484167,44.728333) to a map.

Just watch the Instant Details as you move the cursor.

Yes, I see the co-ordinates flashing by when I move my cursor, but I am interested to be able to navigate to a specific co-ordinate that I type in - and in particular, to be able to label it with a place name that does not appear in the accordance atlas. After all, a set of co-ordinates with six decimal places might be slightly difficult to find with precision if one is navigating with their cursor.

Sorry, there is no way to enter coordinates and arrive at a place. You can add a site only in a User Layer, we do not allow edits of the main database.

Sorry, there is no way to enter coordinates and arrive at a place. You can add a site only in a User Layer, we do not allow edits of the main database.

I think allowing users to input coordinates in a User Layer to set a precise location would be a worthy enhancement.

Yes, I see the co-ordinates flashing by when I move my cursor, but I am interested to be able to navigate to a specific co-ordinate that I type in - and in particular, to be able to label it with a place name that does not appear in the accordance atlas. After all, a set of co-ordinates with six decimal places might be slightly difficult to find with precision if one is navigating with their cursor.

I understand your feature request. Meanwhile, zooming in on the atlas will increase the cursor's precision dramatically.