Support for Mountain Lion's dictation feature

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I just upgraded to Mountain Lion, and discovered that Accordance--at least Accordance 9--does not support Mountain Lion's dictation feature. I was recently diagnosed with MS, and have the most difficulty with my hands. I upgraded to Mountain Lion now to take advantage of the dictation feature, for those days when typing is particularly difficult.

I use User Tools extensively, and User Notes of fair amount, so being able to dictate into those tools is very important.

If dictation is supported in Accordance 10, please let me know. Otherwise, please consider this a feature request.

Lorinda

Lorinda:

I agree that would be a nice feature to add in Accordance. I have found it to be of use myself.

A less than ideal workaround would be to dictate into a text editor or word processor and then import that into Accordance as a user tool or user notes.

Hopefully, full support for the dictation service will be something that can be added in the near future.

• 2 years later...

I also would like to see this feature in the near future!

While my MS is in remission, and I'm not having the difficulties with my hands I was back in the fall of '12, this is still a feature I would like to see implemented.

Lorinda

• 2 weeks later...

Yosemite has greatly improved dictate (I think). This improvement would make it much more useful in Accordance. I am using it extensively in Word and it is amazing how well it works there. So I am currently dictating in Word and cut and pasting the notes into Accordance.