About Teaching with Accordance

Helen Brown

Several people have recently commented that they are planning courses based on Accordance, so that students learn to use Accordance tools to study the languages and the texts, as well as access other resources. This is a forum where you can contact each other and share your ideas and questions.

This may be too obvious, but I've found the full-screen Slideshow feature (Windows menu) in Accordance 7 along with drag-and-drop rearranging of tabs really cool and useful for teaching purposes.

I also boost my font sizes up to at least 18 pt for Latin and Greek text (and larger for Hebrew) across the board for easier legibility in classroom settings (try cmd-opt-plus and cmd-opt-minus when you have multiple panes open...). The exact settings will depend on the size of the projection, distance from the back row, etc., but it's a very easy adjustment to make on the fly (and viewers will not always let you know they're having a hard time reading something).

• 3 years later...

I really like the slideshow feature as well, but my hotkey (option-apple-S) doesn't seem to work. Any ideas on what might be the problem?

This may be too obvious, but I've found the full-screen Slideshow feature (Windows menu) in Accordance 7 along with drag-and-drop rearranging of tabs really cool and useful for teaching purposes.

I also boost my font sizes up to at least 18 pt for Latin and Greek text (and larger for Hebrew) across the board for easier legibility in classroom settings (try cmd-opt-plus and cmd-opt-minus when you have multiple panes open...). The exact settings will depend on the size of the projection, distance from the back row, etc., but it's a very easy adjustment to make on the fly (and viewers will not always let you know they're having a hard time reading something).

Daniel:

It may be the language of your Mac system, or the option-command-S may be hijacked by another program. It is working in my copy of 8.4.6.

Archived