Mac Studienbibel

Dr. Nathan Parker

Is Mac Studienbibel still available from Accordance?

• Like 1

Studienbibel is outdated. Theres a second edition on sale (which was first called a few moments "Studienbibel 2" (only with NA27T) -> now renamed to "Accordance Studienbibel" (added NA28T text))

Two different version are for sale: Accordance Studienbibel "Deutsche Bibelausgaben" (all gergman texts) - 129€

and a version you are prbly interested in: Accordance Studienbibel "Gesamtausgabe" (incls. the old language texts (NA28T, BHS-T,BHQ etc.) - 299€

(and different upgrade versions from 1 -> 2; all prices given are in EURO not Dollar)

more information here: http://www.mac-bibel.de/accordance-bibel-software/ (product page for Accordance Studienbibel (DBG, Deutsche Bibel Gesellshaft / german)

If you can't read german I can try to answer you all your questions.

Edited by JayDee

Sounds good. Can any of that be ordered directly from Accordance or do you have to go directly to the GBS? I really need "Mac Studienbibel" in Accordance format and "SESB" in Logos format (or the replacement). Wondering if there's a way to get a package deal for both platforms.

Im not sure you can order this package from Accordance. But when you order Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe direct from GBS it will be available as a download in easy install. So no extra "shipping cost" and nearly direct access (takes a few moments to add the sale to easy install - timezones)

I don't think there is a deal for both platforms. SESB 3.0 is outdated and development has stopped. It is only available as secondhand.. there was a cross grade upgrade to logos 3.. At the moment GBS only offers an Accordance package. (they have another software project which has the german hymns and some more books. All for lay ppl and it is more like a reader only program - not very useful)

The Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe includes many different modules at a package price. If what you need is the apparatus for the BHS and NA28 you can add these to your Original Language package much more cheaply from our website.

The SESB included some syntax, but the Studienbibel does not, so these modules must be bought directly from us in any case.

@JayDee Thanks for the info. So is "Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe" pretty much the replacement to the old "Mac Studienbibel"? How much would the price be covered to US Dollars (I could probably run it on Wolfram Alpha)? Like the fact that it's a download.

I believe SESB 3 from Logos has been replaced with a "German Bible Society" bundle. It costs less, but some of the books are no more. I was curious if Accordance was selling any bundles similar to that or if we still had to go direct to the GBS to get the package.

Do you happen to have a list of books included with "Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe"?

@Helen Instead of springing for "Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe" if I didn't need the additional fluff, I could just get the BHS Apparatus, NA28, and Syntax Modules directly from you, correct? I might compare the list of what's included in "Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe" and what I can order directly from you, and if I can get what I really need from you cheaper without the extra fluff, I may go for that instead.

Thanks!

The Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe ist the upgraded replacement for Mac Studienbibel 2 (NA28-T was added). (Studienbibel 1 -> 2 upgrades a lot of texts and some new bibles etc.)

So development was: Studienbibel 1 -> Studienbibel 2 -> Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe. (the last was renamed because Accordance ist not anymore Mac only - so they renamed the bundle to

show that it is Windows/Mac now).

So far I can see everything from GBS Apparatus add-on to HMT-W4, GNT28-T, LXX1 (with NA28) for 289,99 US Dollar is included in the Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe

The following is the plus whats in the Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe comparing to the Apparatus Add On:

Thomas-Evangelium (koptisch, english, german) (this one is available from Accordance for 50 dollar) - then there are some wörterbücher and the german language bibles:

Wörterbücher

• Wörterbuch Hebräisch/Aramäisch-Deutsch und Hebräisch/Aramäisch-Englisch
  • A Greel-English Lexicon of the Septuagint von Lust, Eynikel, Hauspie
  • Wörterbuch zum Neuen Testament griechisch-deutsch von Kassühlke
  • Wörterbuch zum Neuen Testament griechisch-englisch von Barclay Newman

(i believe the english wörterbücher already included in original language bundle)

and the (most important) german bibles:

Die Bibel nach Martin Luther 1984 (lemmatisiert)

• Gute Nachricht Bibel (lemmatisiert)
  • Einheitsübersetzung (lemmatisiert)
  • Revidierte Elberfelder Bibel (lemmatisiert)
  • Neu: Zürcher Bibel 2007 (lemmatisiert)
  • Die Schrift (Buber/Rosenzweig)
  • Neu: Neue Genfer Übersetzung: Neues Testament
  • Neu: BasisBibel: Neues Testament

it costs 299,99€ (the german Mehrwertsteuer is included) thats about 413 US Dollar + whatever your costs are for foreign country fees are (http://www.bibelonline.de/index.php is the online store from GBS).

-> So when you only need the apparatus and the standard university grade texts the Accordance Add On Bundle is a better deal.

(Thomas is available for an extra 50 - so you have 289,99 + 50 = 339,99 US Dollar)

Not included in both of these packages are the grammar syntax modules. They're are an extra 50 each and only available for the non sigla texts (HMT-W4 and GNT-28T) or included in the greek/hebrew master bundles.

Theres one goodie which I also recommend when you are digging deep into the original languages the MT-LXX interlinear database for 30. brilliant.

The Gesamtausgabe is a deluxe starter package for german speaking university students.

Edited by JayDee

Thanks for the additional information. The new naming of the bundle makes sense with Accordance 10 being cross-platform.

Let me throw another question into the mix. After my M Div in Biblical Languages, I'll be going for a Ph D, and I'll need to learn German as one of my research language requirements. Since eventually I'll be needing to learn German, now which bundle would be better suited for me? Accordance Add On Bundle or Accordance Studienbibel Gesamtausgabe? If I'm going to need the additional tools coming up, it might be worth springing for it.

Also, do you know if the GBS offers payment plans like Accordance does? That way if I do go for one of their biggie packages, I could spread the cost out if I couldn't eat it all at once.

Just to clarify, for the Syntax Tools and MT-LXX, I'd be getting those direct from Accordance, correct?

Thanks!

• 9 months later...

(they have another software project which has the german hymns and some more books. All for lay ppl and it is more like a reader only program - not very useful)

Yea, but it were cool if OakTree can spring over their shadow and add this books from the GBS in Accordance too.

I highly recommend this!!!