IOS Syncing on 2nd device

csonni

I've had no problems syncing from my Mac to my iPad. Just bought an iPad for my wife. We're using the same account in iTunes for managing the iPads. The only problem is that, when we try to sync over some of my modules onto her iPad after selecting them, it will go into the syncing mode on both my Mac and her iPad but will just sit there with the sync progress window up but no progress. Is there an issue with syncing over to a 2nd device?

I've had no problems syncing from my Mac to my iPad. Just bought an iPad for my wife. We're using the same account in iTunes for managing the iPads. The only problem is that, when we try to sync over some of my modules onto her iPad after selecting them, it will go into the syncing mode on both my Mac and her iPad but will just sit there with the sync progress window up but no progress. Is there an issue with syncing over to a 2nd device?

I haven't had any issues syncing an iphone and an ipad.

Jonathan

I wouldn't think 2 iPads would be a problem. Like I said, my iPad syncs fine.

I wouldn't think 2 iPads would be a problem.n Like I said, my iPad syncs fine.

I wouldn't think 2 iPads would be a problem. Like I said, my iPad syncs fine.

Is this the first time the second iPad has ever been synced? If so, try this workaround: setup the syncing as before and when you get to the point where the syncing hangs, hit the "Cancel" button on the iPad. Then setup the sync a second time and it should then progress without issue.

Let me know if this works.

Scott.

Seems to be working now. I selected less modules and am doing several at a time.

I remember being told during my sync that a text has to be selected each sync. Why is that?

Also, when doing a number of syncs, the Texts of my previous sync are deleted. Strange.

Seems to be working now. I selected less modules and am doing several at a time.

I remember being told during my sync that a text has to be selected each sync. Why is that?

Also, when doing a number of syncs, the Texts of my previous sync are deleted. Strange.

Think of the modules listed in the syncing dialog as a form of "playlist". Only non-user modules "checked" in the list will remain on the device after syncing. So if you uncheck a module in the list and sync, it will be removed from your iOS device. If you check a previously unchecked module then it will be added to your iOS device during syncing.

User modules (user notes, user tools, highlights) work a little different in the case of unchecking them from the list. We won't ever delete user content from the device.

Scott.

Thanks. That helps.

Archived