Instant Details Box

Mike Wilson

Maybe it is just my setup but I noticed recently that if you resize the Instant Details Box by dragging the bottom RH corner to the right an outline appears, so you can see what you're doing. However, if you do the same thing dragging leftwards, no outline appears. The box does adopt a new shape when you release the mouse.

Is this an Apple thing or an Accordance thing or just me? :huh:

Mike

Is this an Apple thing or an Accordance thing or just me? :huh:

Thinking about it this all sounds more like a tech question than a suggestion but really I had in mind that this glitch(?) could be fixed at some point.

Mike

It works normally for me. What OS and which version of Accordance are you using?

It works normally for me. What OS and which version of Accordance are you using?

This piqued my curiosity, so I tried it. I am using OSX 10.4.7 and Accordance 7.0.3. It appears that the resizing outline is behind and hidden by the Instant Details box. So, as long as it is enlarging or changing shapes in a way that exposes one dimenstion, the lines are visible, but if both vertical and horizontal lines are being reduced it is hidden until the mouse releases.

From my point of view, this is not a hindrance, but curious.

OS 10.4.7 and Accordance 7.0.3, Helen. I tried Charles' observation and I can see what he means but for me the snag is that the box doesn't move, ie., change in any dimension, until you release the mouse, then it changes size or shape to the point at which you released. Only left and up though, right and down performs as normal. Not an issue really. Just happened to notice it.

Mike

Well, I cannot reproduce this on iMac, MacBook, or PowerBook. In all cases and all directions, moving the grow box creates an outline of the new shape of the window, which is fulfilled when the mouse is released.

In any case, this is a rather minor issue and I suggest we drop it.

Archived