Text handling in Notes Windows

Jim G

I have been frustrated when taking notes that the notes window does not contain a ruler, tabs, indents and an outline feature. It isn't easy to find and understand all the features in Accordance, so I hope I haven't missed this one. If outlining can be accomplished in a text window, I have not discovered how to do it yet. Since I can't outline efficiently, I offer this request.

I like to outline when I take notes on a verse or selection, but when I indent for my outline and a comment wraps to the next line it violates the outline margin and defeats the visual organization of the outline. Tabbing is a temporary fix, until you resize your window and then you have an unreadable mess.

I would suggest that you put basic word processing features that allow outlining, margin adjustment, and tabs in the text windows. It would even be better if you would include an automatic text outline feature, and the ability to include graphics in the notes windows.

Jim G. :)

Jim:

Accordance is not intended to provide full word processing capabilities in User Notes, just as it does not provide full graphics apability in the Map User Layers. We focus on making the Bible searching as powerful and easy as possible, with convenient access to a range of tools and features. We feel that we need to keep that focus. We are happy to accept new ideas for enhancements, especially where they fit in well with the current program, but I am afraid that your requests would distract us from many important features that are still in the pipeline.

• 2 months later...
Jim:

Accordance is not intended to provide full word processing capabilities in User Notes, just as it does not provide full graphics apability in the Map User Layers. We focus on making the Bible searching as powerful and easy as possible, with convenient access to a range of tools and features. We feel that we need to keep that focus. We are happy to accept new ideas for enhancements, especially where they fit in well with the current program, but I am afraid that your requests would distract us from many important features that are still in the pipeline.

The above-described philosophy makes eminent good sense. But I would like to see at least the ability to zoom the font display in the User Notes window, as one can already do so in the User Tools panes. I have already scads of User Notes and unfortunately almost all are now too small for my 70-year-old vision. I realize that most Accordance users are much younger than I, but there are lots of reasons why a user might wish to either zoom in or out the display of the User Note. This is not asking for WP features, and would seem to be something quite do-able. Alternatively, if I could export all my User Notes to a Word Processor, increase their size in the WP, then import tham into User Notes, that would do the job. But I do not know if it is possible to import a large number of User Notes from a single file. Is it?

The above-described philosophy makes eminent good sense. But I would like to see at least the ability to zoom the font display in the User Notes window, as one can already do so in the User Tools panes. I have already scads of User Notes and unfortunately almost all are now too small for my 70-year-old vision. I realize that most Accordance users are much younger than I, but there are lots of reasons why a user might wish to either zoom in or out the display of the User Note. ....

I would agree it would be nice, but don't forget the ability to zoom in and out all windows all applications by the Universal Access control panel. Keyboard short cuts trigger zoom in and out, so its use is fairly painless.

Archived