What does Mark Selection does?

davidmedina

In the contextual menu (right-click) I see an option called "Mark Selection" (CMD+7). What does it do?

I searched help but could not find it.

Thanks

It adds a blue bookmark icon on the right side of the verse, so you can navigate between marks using the Mk buttons at the bottom, or use them for adding to a reference list via Add Marked Verses To.... in the Selection menu.

Thanks.

The mark selection is pretty neat. Like it.

It is a nifty feature. It was one of the original features of Accordance, maybe back to version 1 even. Once you understand how Marking a verse works, you can use it a lot.

For instance, if you search for a word string, it 'marks' all the verses with a hit, but only if the context slider is set to All.

You can see that yourself by searching for a word and then sliding context to 0 thru 9 and see that the menu item "Selection/Add Marked Verses To" is dimmed. It is only if you slide to "A" that it marks the verses for you, and the MK up down navigation arrows pop up at the bottom, marking the verses so you can navigate to where they are.

This is nice, cause you can do a search, then set the context to 9, and then mark only the verses whose context you do want to add to a Reference List.

If you have context set to 0 and you do want to mark all those verses with a hit, just select all and then do ⌘+7 to mark them.

Well, that's how I use it, at least. But seems to me it can be enigmatic at first.

All this and another thread question makes me think a nice addition might be to add "Selection/Add Marked Verses To… the Clipboard". Since, that's normally what I'm wanting to do... that way you can avoid the extra step of building a reference list first, then copying.

Edited by Joe Weaks
  • Like 1

Really cool. Thanks.

Previous versions of Accordance also let you Mark verses by just clicking them with the Option key down. It was changed to the Instant Details popup.

I'm still disappointed that this quickest method of marking verses is gone.

• Like 1