Transfer of Accordance: official policy

Helen Brown

We have recently posted our new official policy on the transfer of Accordance licenses from one user to another. Please note that we do still allow entire or partial licenses to be transferred. However, we will not accept notices of modules for sale on these Forums nor on Facebook, and we will charge $25 per transfer (i.e. per request to transfer to one new owner, no matter how many modules). It is a lot of work for our staff to make these transfers, and we must be careful to protect the rights of the publishers of the works.

On the same webpage you will find our updated End-User License Agreement and other policies regarding licensing.

As one who has purchased licenses from others I think the new policy is both fair and reasonable. Having a clear policy is helpful for all. My assumption is that we all want to do the right thing and knowing how to do it properly should satisfy everyone. I only have one suggestion: on the policy page at the website I would put a link to send the request to the appropriate person in order to initiate the transfer.

I want to say to the staff who have helped me with the purchase of licenses from others in the past have been nothing but stellar. Of course, I have had nothing but great service from OakTree.

Tony Lawrence

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The older I get the more are the details I am aware of that need to be attended to. I have been wondering how to pass on my collection when my time comes to pass. Now I know that it can be done.

Thank you very much, this makes things so much clearer, i know i have some items i use rarely and it is nice to know that if I find a buyer or simply want to give them away there is a simple way to transfer things, at a most reasonable price. I know we would all like free, but i understand there are many hassles in paperwork to make sure things are down properly and no one should need to do that for free… ;)

-Dan