AccUpdater 2.1.3 beta

Joel Brown

I think I might have finally fixed that little authentication issue that caused some user's widgets to hang after entering the administrator name and password. Since I personally never experienced the problem, nor any of our official beta testers, I need those who had issues with it to run this version and see if it fixes the problem. Please follow this link to try it out: AccUpdater 2.1.3 beta. Reply back to this topic with your stories of success or failure, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I think I might have finally fixed that little authentication issue that caused some user's widgets to hang after entering the administrator name and password. Since I personally never experienced the problem, nor any of our official beta testers, I need those who had issues with it to run this version and see if it fixes the problem. Please follow this link to try it out: AccUpdater 2.1.3 beta. Reply back to this topic with your stories of success or failure, thanks!

I think I'm still having the authentication problem.

This newest version of the widget is installed. I click "Check." It scans for updates. It finds the updates. I click to select all the updates. I click "Download Updates." The widget flips me to the authentication thing. I put in my admin name and password. Then nothing happens. It's as if I didn't click anything.

I'm using a Powerbook G4, 1.5 GHz PowerPC G4, 1.25 GB DDR SDRAM. Mac OSX 10.4.8. Accordance 7.1. I'd be glad to give you a list of modules installed, if you'd like.

My system is in pretty good shape. I keep my apps updated to the newest versions. I frequently (once a month or so) repair permissions on my hard drive. There's nothing wrong on my end, I'm convinced.

I just want to update my modules to their newest versions, especially Talmud-N and JPS.

Can you help me out?

• 4 months later...

The authentication isn't working for me either. I think it might be a password related problem with reserved unix characters not being quoted properly when used in a password. Try experimenting with passwords that have unix special characters in them like $#!& etc. For instance a password that begins with a $ might be misinterpreted as a unix shell variable.

I think I might have finally fixed that little authentication issue that caused some user's widgets to hang after entering the administrator name and password. ......

Ditto, doesn't work for me either. Hangs after authentication.

Ditto, doesn't work for me either. Hangs after authentication.

It doesn't hang for me it just says "The administrator name or password was incorrect." However, if I change my password to something simple it works.

Failed. After entering admin name and password, it turns around and does nothing.

Apologies to you, Michael, for the lack of good special character support. Due to the problems of moving between XHTML, Java, sh, and Applescript commands, most upper ASCII characters seem to cause loads of problems. I've been able to escape out most of them through some lengthy routines, but I hadn't applied those to passwords and usernames, as I assumed no password would be rife with betas, copyright circles, or umlauts. I guess I was wrong, and I'll look into seeing how difficult such a thing would be for the next release.

Mick: Next time the widget does nothing, please open up /Applications/Utilities/Console.app. If you have version 2.1.3 of the widget, it should have reported any errors there (hint, the report starts with 'ERR:'). Could you message or reply back to me with anything there?

Archived