Open new text in a new workspace when other workspaces are hidden/minimized

Joe Weaks

If you open a new module via File/new menu or ⌘n, I suggest that it makes more sense to open that in a new workspace when there is a current workspace that has been hidden or minimized, rather than bringing that window back and adding to its workspace.

If I have "tucked" that window away, odds are I don't want it popping back up when I open a new text/tool. I minimize a workspace to "put it away" and try to start with a new workspace selecting a new text/tool, but the old window just ignores that I minimized it and pops back up.

Also, does anyone use the "Hide" feature anymore? Wasn't it in place before we had System-provided minimizing? Shouldn't it be deprecated?

If you open a new module via File/new menu or ⌘n, I suggest that it makes more sense to open that in a new workspace when there is a current workspace that has been hidden or minimized, rather than bringing that window back and adding to its workspace.

If I have "tucked" that window away, odds are I don't want it popping back up when I open a new text/tool. I minimize a workspace to "put it away" and try to start with a new workspace selecting a new text/tool, but the old window just ignores that I minimized it and pops back up.

Good point Joe. I agree.

Also, does anyone use the "Hide" feature anymore? Wasn't it in place before we had System-provided minimizing? Shouldn't it be deprecated?

I had never used that feature before. It is interesting, but like Joe, I use the minimize feature of OS X.

1. I think Joe's suggestion regarding ⌘n makes good sense.

2. I use the OS Hide function often, but never the Accordance built-in hide function (didn't even notice it was there). I'd just minimize instead.