Accordance for iOS 1.2 Release Notes

Scott Knapp

New Features

• Desktop syncing allows the transfer of modules from your Accordance for Mac installation to your iOS device over Bonjour networking. (Requires Accordance for Mac 9.3 and an active WiFi connection.)

• User notes syncing and merging in both directions.

• A new "Book" button now appears in the top information bar after performing a search. Tap this button to clear the search result and return to the default reading mode.

• In the reading mode of a text search view, quickly switch between modules in the same category and keep the same verse location by tapping on the module name in the top information bar.

Enhanced Features

• More display preferences have been added for the text and tool search views including text and background colors.

• Syntax files installed to your iOS device via Easy Install or desktop syncing will add their information to the instant details view when appropriate.

• Scripture links in tools now use the top two texts in the Library view when looking for appropriate verse information.

• Better handling of low memory conditions.

Notable Bug Fixes

• Accordance for iOS now properly handles being restored via iTunes onto a new or existing iOS device. All user notes and settings are preserved and the initial module set is reinstalled. Other previously installed modules can be then added via Easy Install or desktop syncing.

Thank you!!! I'm loving it.

I would like some clarification concerning User Notes. I was under the impression that if you edited a User Note in iOS, you would lose any formatting in that note. Is that the case? Would you also lose Greek and Hebrew fonts?

I would like some clarification concerning User Notes. I was under the impression that if you edited a User Note in iOS, you would lose any formatting in that note. Is that the case? Would you also lose Greek and Hebrew fonts?

Formatting really means style information like color, font size, bold, italics, etc. It does not mean you lose characters (which is what I think you are asking about concerning Greek and Hebrew fonts).

Also this style information is removed only for notes you actually change. Not notes you only view in the editor and certainly not for all notes in a user note file.

Scott

Brilliant update all in all.

Can you clarify this? I read this as bringing in Strongs definitions to the instant view window, but I don't see any change in the information displayed and I do have modules installed.

Hoping search history would make it, but I know there are more releases coming... :)

Hi, Steve!

Sorry, the iOS Instant Details currently only shows the same information as hovering over a word with your cursor on Accordance for Mac. We don't [yet] have the ability to choose to display the information that the command key + hover shows.

The new feature refers to those using grammatically tagged original language texts. Users who have also purchased the add-on syntactical modules can now also see the syntactical tag (typically a single word) in Instant Details. It is merged with the parsing information.

I don't even know if it would be possible to merge Strong's definitions with the current information displayed for key number texts. Even if it were possible (at some point down the road), I'm thinking it would be a little overwhelming for the average user.

Sorry, the iOS Instant Details currently only shows the same information as hovering over a word with your cursor on Accordance for Mac. We don't [yet] have the ability to choose to display the information that the command key + hover shows.

Thanks Tim for that response...

The CMD-hover is exactly what I was looking for, and if you could achieve that it would be grand. I realize that you would have to then scroll in the details window to read it, but you have to do that in the longer verse references anyway and it seems to work well there.

It must be a good feeling to know there is always room to add new or to improve old features, your job is never done. :)

Blessings to you!

-Steve

You're very welcome, of course!

As CS Lewis said in the Great Divorce, "Onward and upward...." it's the underlying principle of our software.

This is REALLY great! Now I am carrying all of Hermeneia around with me!

• 1 month later...

Archived