New Behavior for Photos

preachrman007

I would like to add a request for a new behavior for clicking on photos in tools. The current method, with the photo appearing in a new Zone or Tab, results in a picture that is far too small to see with any detail. With the way my workspace is set up, even zooming in on the picture only allows me to see a small bit that is visible in that current zone. For instance:

post-29774-057049800 1294780468_thumb.png

This set-up is acceptable, but not ideal in my opinion. What I end up doing is detaching the tab so it's one big window, then I can see it at something approaching full-screen.

What I would like is an option for photos to be loaded in a separate window.. What I am envisioning is a kind of "pop-up", similar to OS X's Quick Look. This would allow me to take a look at the image quickly and then I could go back to the tool if I want to copy, print, etc. If a pop-up window is not possible, I would like to see an option in the Preferences that makes the default for opening photos to be in a new window.

I know I can't be the only Accordance user with bad eyes and I love incorporating photos into my sermon slideshows. Any changes that make this a little easier would be appreciated.

We have a new feature up our sleeve which may help with this, but for now I suggest right-click on the photo tab and selecting Detach tab. Resize and keep that separate workspace open and it will recycle each time you click on a photo thumbnail. I am now testing a wonderful resource of historic photos that we are about to release, and this works great.

We have a new feature up our sleeve which may help with this, but for now I suggest right-click on the photo tab and selecting Detach tab. Resize and keep that separate workspace open and it will recycle each time you click on a photo thumbnail. I am now testing a wonderful resource of historic photos that we are about to release, and this works great.

I am even teased by this, and I'm an employee! ;)

Thanks. I've been testing that work-around and it works well for viewing a lot of pictures in a row. I'm still holding out hope for the new feature you mentioned, though. Thanks again for the tip.

• 2 weeks later...

This might be a new feature request, but seeing as it still has to do with Photo Behavior, I thought I'd add a reply to my thread. As I stated above, I love using the PhotoGuide for my sermon presentations. However, the current right-click options of "Copy Photo" and "Print" aren't quite fitting my workflow.

What I like to do is go through Accordance, the internet, etc and find a bunch of pictures for my Keynote presentations. I dump them all in a folder on my Dock until I'm ready to build the presentation. That way, if I encounter something early in my research that I know just HAS to be included, I can toss it in the folder until I'm ready to work with it.

Those current right-click options don't allow me to do this with Accordance as I do with web images. I am unable to Copy a picture in Accordance and Paste it to a folder, it has to be pasted into a document. What I would like to be able to do is drag and drop from Accordance to a folder just like I can a picture on a website.

(By the way, I'm going to apologize in advance. Now that I've made Accordance such a HUGE part of my weekly work, I'll probably be posting a lot more feature requests. :) )

This might be a new feature request, but seeing as it still has to do with Photo Behavior, I thought I'd add a reply to my thread. As I stated above, I love using the PhotoGuide for my sermon presentations. However, the current right-click options of "Copy Photo" and "Print" aren't quite fitting my workflow.

What I like to do is go through Accordance, the internet, etc and find a bunch of pictures for my Keynote presentations. I dump them all in a folder on my Dock until I'm ready to build the presentation. That way, if I encounter something early in my research that I know just HAS to be included, I can toss it in the folder until I'm ready to work with it.

Those current right-click options don't allow me to do this with Accordance as I do with web images. I am unable to Copy a picture in Accordance and Paste it to a folder, it has to be pasted into a document. What I would like to be able to do is drag and drop from Accordance to a folder just like I can a picture on a website.

(By the way, I'm going to apologize in advance. Now that I've made Accordance such a HUGE part of my weekly work, I'll probably be posting a lot more feature requests. :) )

Actually it is possible to do this right now. Much the same as with iPhoto if you just click and hold on a photo in Photoguide for a few seconds and then drag it to an open folder the full sized photo will appear in the folder as a photo clipping. You need to double click the photo clipping and drag it to reveal the full size of the photo. This works on my OS X 10.5.8 system.

Actually it is possible to do this right now. Much the same as with iPhoto if you just click and hold on a photo in Photoguide for a few seconds and then drag it to an open folder the full sized photo will appear in the folder as a photo clipping. You need to double click the photo clipping and drag it to reveal the full size of the photo. This works on my OS X 10.5.8 system.

I stand corrected. Brilliant, thanks. I guess since that "hold" isn't the normal behavior for OS X, (on iPhoto, I can just drag immediately, no need to hold) it never occurred to me to try. Thanks!

EDIT: Actually, I now see what the issue is. The thumbnails are dragabble (and apparently instantly so, I'm not having to hold now) but I'd been trying on the full-size picture. Just a quick Copy and Paste comparison seems to show that the thumbnails are full (or at least high-)resolution, so this works great. Thanks again.

Archived