Updated NIV

R. Mansfield

I assume with Oak Tree's good relationship with Zondervan that we should se the updated NIV text sometime this year. I looked through the forums, and I noted that no one (that I could see) had requested it yet. Maybe Accordance users don't use the NIV that much as opposed to using other translations, or maybe there's simply not a while lot of excitement about it.

Regardless, assuming that an updated text is coming, will it be distinguished from the two NIV modules (NIV, NIV-G/K) that we already have?

We have had many requests, and are working out the details with Zondervan. I hope it will be distinguishable from the older NIV for those users who prefer to keep the old, or to compare them. If the module name is just NIV it will always replace the old, but we aren't sure yet how it will be done.

We have had many requests, and are working out the details with Zondervan. I hope it will be distinguishable from the older NIV for those users who prefer to keep the old, or to compare them. If the module name is just NIV it will always replace the old, but we aren't sure yet how it will be done.

I certainly hope that we will be able to keep the old 1984 version, as I am sure there are many others like me who have no intention of changing to the new version. If I can have both, that is fine, but I would never do an update that would do anything to remove the old which which is essential for me.

In Christ,

Bret

• 3 weeks later...

As I understand the new version is called NIV+. So why not leave that name? Won't cause any confusion.

Archived