Better tab iD's

mandah

Maybe it has been mentioned but I have not been able to find reference to it, but I would love to have the tabs tell me what is on the page instead of what Bible version I am using. I have several tabs open to different passages and all I have to as identifiers are the version of the Bible I am using. I know the version I am using, I would like to be able to see at a glance what "page" in the Bible i am looking at. That would be great.

Thanks

Maybe it has been mentioned but I have not been able to find reference to it, but I would love to have the tabs tell me what is on the page instead of what Bible version I am using. I have several tabs open to different passages and all I have to as identifiers are the version of the Bible I am using. I know the version I am using, I would like to be able to see at a glance what "page" in the Bible i am looking at. That would be great.

Thanks

I think you're asking for Accordance to automatically label the tabs with chapter/verse numbers, or something like, which could be useful. However, if you have a lot of tabs open, longer tab names can end up getting abbreviated anyway, so the chapter/verse information would likely be hidden. One workaround you might find helpful is to label the tabs yourself. Right-click on the tab, select the "Set tab" menu, and click on "Active Tab Name."

Don't forget the cmd-opt-n keyboard shortcut for this!

Don't forget the cmd-opt-n keyboard shortcut for this!

This is a nice feature I didn't know about that I may use at some time, but it still is not helpful if you are doing a lot of jumping around. I am in school now and a professor may suggest several verses over the course of a class. To search through tabs or to rename each tab is not really helpful in this situation. Having too many tabs open is not a problem since they scroll.

One other thing that might be nice is having the Bible text tab linked to the resource/reference tabs in that pane. Ex. If I am looking at John 3 in a tab and then open another tab with Matt. 7 It would be nice to have at least that info on the tab. Then say I open a commentary or dictionary related to each of those chapters. As I switch back and forth between tabs in the text, the tabs in the resource/reference pane will switch with it.

Just a thought.

This is a nice feature I didn't know about that I may use at some time, but it still is not helpful if you are doing a lot of jumping around. I am in school now and a professor may suggest several verses over the course of a class. To search through tabs or to rename each tab is not really helpful in this situation. Having too many tabs open is not a problem since they scroll.

One other thing that might be nice is having the Bible text tab linked to the resource/reference tabs in that pane. Ex. If I am looking at John 3 in a tab and then open another tab with Matt. 7 It would be nice to have at least that info on the tab. Then say I open a commentary or dictionary related to each of those chapters. As I switch back and forth between tabs in the text, the tabs in the resource/reference pane will switch with it.

Just a thought.

It's an interesting thought, but I suspect it will actually be more confusing visually in practice, especially if you end up changing the contents of a tool window and it still switches even though it is no longer "tied" to the original text from which you had generated it.

I routinely have dozens and dozens of tabs open and I don't rename them--I just cycle through till I find the one I'm looking for.

One thing I do use a lot is cmd-d to duplicate the current tab I'm looking at in order to search for a different word or to look up a different pericope.

Archived