Install doesn't start - Basillisk II

djaneb

Hi there

I am trying to help a lecturer in Hebrew who uses a Windows laptop but who has been given Accordance 8 Introductory Scholar's package as a gift by a student.

I have installed the Emulator myself a number of times on different machines (with both XP and Windows 7) using the supplied trials with success.

However, when I tried to install on this laptop the Basillisk installer didn't run - the splash screen appeared then disappeared and there was not further action or message. I then noticed that his boot drive is actually D - apparently the administrator in his institution had a problem when the machine was being set up and C drive has the HP recovery files on it and the machine boots primarily from D.

So, is this likely to be the reason the installation doesn't start? And, if so, is anyone aware of a solution?

The second question - I will recommend that he upgrade to 9 if I can the emulator working. In that case, what is the best way to go about installing the Emulator and then the packages? Is it best to buy a key for 9, install that, and then bring the packages over from the Accordance 8.4 DVD that he has been given?

Many thanks if you can help!

Deb

The installer should give you a choice of location of the accpc folder.

Please do call our tech support line during office hours for personal patient help for the emulator.

There's no reason on the PC not to proceed with the 8 install and then download the version 9 installer to upgrade it.

I am a little curious as to how the student can give an older package like this. Just reminding everyone that if you upgrade Accordance on your computer you may not give or sell the older CDs or DVDs. You must contact OakTree if you wish to transfer your licensed copy (or part of it) to anyone else.

OK - thanks. I will organise a time in the next few weeks. I am in Australia.

Just for the record the student purchased the DVD as a gift for the lecturer as a result of your seminar here is Sydney in May. It has taken him a while to get me to help him with the emulator - nothing illegal going on.

Deb

Archived