2 replies to this topic

#1 Chadwick

Chadwick

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Accordance Version:8.x

Posted 30 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

I have Accordance 8.0.2 and AccUpdater 2.2.1.

When I check for updates, I get a whole slew of them. When I click on a certain one, the pane opens up to the right and says:

"Included in the upgrade to your level of Primary 8 DVD"

What does this mean? Does it mean that I can't upgrade without buying the Primary 8 DVD?

For instance, the AccUpdater says my NAS952 current version is 2.1 and the available version is 3.0.

My NLT-SE is currently 1.1 and the available version is 1.2.

Do I get these updates for free or is there a cost?

Thanks!

#2 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 8,495 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:27 PM

The Primary 8 DVD will update many many modules with a single install. At this point we do not plan to post all these modules for the AccUpdater. You can either pay for the upgrade to your level of the Library or Scholar's which includes version 8 and the DVD. Or you can pay separately for the program upgrade and the DVD $15, but you will not get the new modules that are now included.
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#3 csonni

csonni

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Interests:Weather, Photography, Computer.

Posted 31 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

So how does this actually work? I have selected all the ones showing for me, clicked "download updates" and had it fail several times. Now it is "downloading" but it just turned to "Failed, please try again." What is the purpose of this ACCUpdater? Well, what do you know- after several tries, the widget did its thing. Told me to run Accordance. I'm assuming it updated a couple of my modules.

Edited by csonni, 31 July 2008 - 09:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users