Book of Concord

ToddPeperkorn

Has there been any discussion or looks at the Book of Concord as a module? There are several english translations available, and at last three of them (Triglotta, Tappert and Kolb/Wengerg) are available in Logos. The latest translation, the Concordia edition, will be available by the end of the month.

Many of the elements of the book of Concord can be found in Schaff's Creeds of Christendom, which is included with the Premier level of the Library. We'll look into the possibility of doing the Book of Concord proper. The Triglot is in the public domain, so at the very least we ought to be able to make that available.

I requested the Book of Concord before and would hope we could have the newest translation and not have to settle for the outdated Triglot. I understand, if memory serves, that there are two problems. One is that there is a question as to the relevancy of the Book of Concord in today's world. While I, as a Lutheran, strongly disagree with this view, it is an opinion that is out there. Perhaps not many Lutherans use Accordance. I have no way of knowing. I also know that there is an issue with Fortress Press, one of the publishers of the Kolb edition. This Lutheran publishing house is difficult to work with, in my understanding. Maybe Concordia will be easier?

I wouldn't hold out any real hope for getting Concordia out of CPH. Everything I've heard from them indicates that they have been, are, and will be a Logos/Libronix shop.

At this point, I'd be happy with getting a fully tagged version of the Triglotta...

-ghp

Agreed. They Libronix version of the Concordia edition is out in a couple weeks, and I doubt very much if they would work on such a niche market as Mac/Lutherans when Libronix has an alpha version of its software available now for the Mac...

This discussion has been most enlightening. Thank you to all who have contributed. I have unfortunately concluded that if I want an electronic version of the Book of Concord I am going to have to move to the Logos world now that a Mac version is coming out. I will stay with Accordance for original language biblical study tools, of course. I guess when you think about it, it's not really different from purchasing books from different publishers, which I do all the time. Now I need to investigate the least expensive way to get into Logos so I can read Libronix files.

Archived