cannot add new content

Michael J. Bolesta

I upgraded to Accordance 9.4.3 and iOS Accordance 1.3.2 running on Mac OS 10.7.2 and iOS 5.0 respectively. I had to erase and synch to move all my module to my iPhone and iPad again. Painful, but okay... once.

This morning I tried to add new modules to my iPad (recent Easy Install on the Mac) using synch and was presented with synching only notes or erasing & synching. Not again! See picture.

synch error.tiff

I upgraded to Accordance 9.4.3 and iOS Accordance 1.3.2 running on Mac OS 10.7.2 and iOS 5.0 respectively. I had to erase and synch to move all my module to my iPhone and iPad again. Painful, but okay... once.

This morning I tried to add new modules to my iPad (recent Easy Install on the Mac) using synch and was presented with synching only notes or erasing & synching. Not again! See picture.

Have you renamed the iPad or Mac since the last sync?

Scott

Have you renamed the iPad or Mac since the last sync?

Scott

No. The device names remain the same. The only changes are the upgrades in system software (Mac OS X and iOS), and Accordance (Mac and iOS). I groaned, but reinstalled the modules again on the iPhone 4 and iPad2 last week (when iOS 5 was released). I was shocked when I could not add to the iPad2 this morning. I used Easy Install for the module I really wanted, but am concerned that I would have to start over again to rebuild the subset of modules I want on my iOS tools.

:(

No. The device names remain the same. The only changes are the upgrades in system software (Mac OS X and iOS), and Accordance (Mac and iOS). I groaned, but reinstalled the modules again on the iPhone 4 and iPad2 last week (when iOS 5 was released). I was shocked when I could not add to the iPad2 this morning. I used Easy Install for the module I really wanted, but am concerned that I would have to start over again to rebuild the subset of modules I want on my iOS tools.

:(

Was the MacOS X upgrade after your last sync? And if so, did you then do a fresh install of Accordance or perhaps some type of backup and restore or user content migration?

Every time you perform an Accordance sync between an iOS device and the desktop, Accordance for Mac collects and stores a couple of pieces of information that identify your Accordance for Mac installation. The next time syncing is performed this information is sent to the desktop. The desktop compares those values to the ones it has generated for itself to see if they match. If not, the dialog is triggered. Messing with your desktop preferences, reinstalling Accordance on your Mac, changing your Mac computer name, etc. Any of these could potentially cause the information mismatch.

Scott.

Was the MacOS X upgrade after your last sync? And if so, did you then do a fresh install of Accordance or perhaps some type of backup and restore or user content migration?

Every time you perform an Accordance sync between an iOS device and the desktop, Accordance for Mac collects and stores a couple of pieces of information that identify your Accordance for Mac installation. The next time syncing is performed this information is sent to the desktop. The desktop compares those values to the ones it has generated for itself to see if they match. If not, the dialog is triggered. Messing with your desktop preferences, reinstalling Accordance on your Mac, changing your Mac computer name, etc. Any of these could potentially cause the information mismatch.

Scott.

No to both questions. The Mac OS X and iOS updates were downloaded and installed after the latest Accordance upgrades (OS X and iOS).

Archived