Let There Be Light!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Platinum

• Accordance
  • 1,641 posts
  • Interests:a good cup of coffee, sci-fi, playing bass, listing to jazz and the blues, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:34 PM

Once you've encouraged a friend to download the free trial of Accordance 9.4 ( www.accordancebible.com/trial ), what's the best way to get them up and running?

How about our latest podcast, "Let There Be Light!"?

Here's the posted description: [Study] Gen. 1:3 poses an interesting question, "How can there be light on Day One, when the sun, moon, and stars do not appear until Day Four?" This study of the word "light" uses the Accordance 9.4 free trial version and modules. A great podcast for first time users, this episode shows how to search the Bible for a particular word, compare Bible translations, discover the original Hebrew word and its meaning, and access Bible study tools.

Edited by Timothy Jenney, 23 July 2011 - 01:36 PM.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Mac: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz Quad core, 16 GB RAM, Mercury 6G 480 SSD + 1.5 TB HD, OSX 10.10, Yosemite

iPhone 6 plus 64 GB iOS 8.1

#2 Kevin Soars

Kevin Soars

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:03 AM

"Let There Be Light!"? "A great podcast for first time users.." I agree with Dr. J's own assessment of this podcast. In fact it was the words 'A great podcast for first time users' which caught my eye (very clever!) as I still consider myself a 'first time user'. Personally I learn best when I am sat at the computer following an experienced user (David Lang, Dr J or even a dear Accordance friend Mike S, far away in the USA but close enough to show me so much with the help of Skype). Through following Dr J (continually giving thanks for the pause button!) I really learned and relearned a lot with this podcast and hope there will more like it! To Helen and the Team, to those in the office and to all the many who help the rest of us on the Forums, I give grateful thanks.

Kevin.
Kevin.

#3 Evan Hershman

Evan Hershman

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

Thanks for this podcast- as a new user (brand new, in fact-- I just bought Accordance yesterday!), this was extremely helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users