scrolling the syntax pane

A. Smith

When scrolling the syntax pane, the text pane does not does not keep up; it either doesn't move or it jumps to the last verse of the search text. Is anyone else experiencing this? Are there plans to address this. BTW, I'm using the greek syntax. I've got no idea how the Hebrew text works in this regard. Thanks,

[edit] I just noticed that what's actually happening is the text pane will jump to the bottom of the search text when I scroll backwards in the syntax pane. If I scroll down and only down, it seems to work fine.

In my experience (verified just now), the text scrolls verse by verse just like any parallel text would scroll.

Mac 10.7.3, Accordance 9.5.3.

Jonathan, yours works backwards as well? That's where my problem is.

Yes, it works the same way regardless of which direction I scroll.

Incidentally, I'm still using OSX 10.6.8, which doesn't have the inverted scrolling that was introduced with 10.7 Perhaps that's contributing to the issue.

Any other users of Syntax on Lion care to comment on backwards scrolling and you current settings for the scroll bar?

Scrolls as expected with System Preferences set to either Natural or Unnatural, in both BHS Syntax add on and Greek New Testament add. I'm running 10.7.3.

hmm . . .

Anthony,

I wonder if resetting your PRAM would correct this issue. See Apple's website for instructions on resetting your PRAM.

Before you do reset, do you have any issues with scrolling in any other apps?

No. The problem is exclusive to the syntax pane. It occurs in no other pane or app.

Can you perhaps provide a specific example (and maybe screenshots) so that I can try to reproduce this more accurately? I'm also not experiencing the problem, but I wonder if there is something different in your setup than in mine.

Anthony and I tracked it down and isolated the problem: entire Bible in the Search text, one book in the entry box. the workaround for now is not to limit the verse search but use the GoTo at the bottom.

Ah, I see it now. I had the NA27-T as my search text. That alleviates the problem also.

Thanks for everyone's help with this bug. Its now properly working for the next bug fix release of Accordance, coming soon.

Great to hear. Thanks to everyone, especially Helen, for taking the time to troubleshoot this thing in detail.

Archived