Etymological dictionary of NT Greek

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

The title says it all. This is not really an Accordance question (so apologies if this is taking liberties but I'm pretty sure some on this forum may have an idea on this one) unless it turns into a module request. Does anyone know of a decent etymological dictionary of biblical and older Greek. I know Brill has this : http://www.brill.com/etymological-dictionary-greek-2-vols which looks fabulous but alas has a price tag to match, and (desperately trying to embue this post with relevance) its not in Accordance :)

Thx

D

The price tag is not just fabulous. It's staggering! Looks interesting, however. Maybe if I win a lottery? (Someone would have to mail me his ticket because I've never bought one.)

:) Yes, I have that problem with lottery winning also.

Thx
D

• 7 years later...

Great news! Beekes' Etymological Dictionary of Greek (2 volumes) is now available for Accordance. FYI: Thanks to a deal with Brill, the temporary introductory discount currently available may be the lowest price you'll see on this title.

• Like 1

Just bought it.  It will get lots of use !

EDIT:  What I bought was The Brill Dictionary of Ancient Greek, which is what I meant to buy.  Just noticed that you have two titles from Brill in the sale.  Sorry about that guys.  Got confused.  It's happened before.  Will happen again, I'm afraid.

Edited by Julia Falling
  • Like 3

I am very happy to see the etymological dictionary, as well as BrillDAG, in Accordance...and on sale!!! 😀🙏

• Like 2

Downloaded Brill onto my MBP.  Haven't played with it yet.  Don't see if available for Easy Install on iPad, nor can I load it using a wifi sync (not in my list of modules).

Shouldn't it work on mobile devices and well as Macs and PCs?

6 minutes ago, Julia Falling said:

Downloaded Brill onto my MBP.  Haven't played with it yet.  Don't see if available for Easy Install on iPad, nor can I load it using a wifi sync (not in my list of modules).

Shouldn't it work on mobile devices and well as Macs and PCs?

If it's like the MGS (aka BrillDAG) it will require an app update I believe.

thx

D

Thanks, Daniel.  You mean update of iAccord, right?  

I posted the question under General Accordance Topics regarding this.  Thanks for taking the time to clear up my fog.

This is correct. Both of the new Brill dictionaries will not yet appear in Easy install in our mobile apps. The ability to use them there will be added in an upcoming (hopefully soon) update. 

• Like 1